• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

When you think you have it bad

Trailrider

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
117   1
Reaction score
Just think about this. One of the worst decades for an American male to have been born in was the 1890s.

You would likely be drafted in to WW1
You would live through the time the Spanish Flu started wiping people out
You would live through prohibition
You would live through the stock market crash and the Great Depression
You would live through WW2 and if you had any sons they'd likely be of the age to get drafted...

No wonder that generation was so tough...

Stole that off another page, just thought it was interesting to think about.

Just think about this. One of the worst decades for an American male to have been born in was the 1890s.

You would likely be drafted in to WW1
You would live through the time the Spanish Flu started wiping people out
You would live through prohibition
You would live through the stock market crash and the Great Depression
You would live through WW2 and if you had any sons they'd likely be of the age to get drafted...

No wonder that generation was so tough...

Stole that off another page, just thought it was interesting to think about.
Certainly something to think about

Gramps born in 1902 in the Grove Texas, saw his first car in 1912, plane in 1915, electricity in 1929, radio, tv, first rocket to space, made it to 99 and 9 months.

Kept the timberwolves away from the dairy herd as a boy on horseback with his rifle, coyotes, and rattlesnakes. Never enough water for anyone.

Put his seven siblings through college, never made it himself. Became the sales manager for The Armour Meat Company and launched the Dial Soap brand to the world.

Raised a passel of successful kids and Military men, Army, Air Force Pilots, and Navy including two Navy Seals.

My favorite quote of his was after every meal when asked about the meal, he would always proclaim in a loud voice "Best meal ever, thanks for having me!"

John Meader Graham, RIP.

Gramps born in 1902 in the Grove Texas, saw his first car in 1912, plane in 1915, electricity in 1929, radio, tv, first rocket to space, made it to 99 and 9 months.

Kept the timberwolves away from the dairy herd as a boy on horseback with his rifle, coyotes, and rattlesnakes. Never enough water for anyone.

Put his seven siblings through college, never made it himself. Became the sales manager for The Armour Meat Company and launched the Dial Soap brand to the world.

Raised a passel of successful kids and Military men, Army, Air Force Pilots, and Navy including two Navy Seals.

My favorite quote of his was after every meal when asked about the meal, he would always proclaim in a loud voice "Best meal ever, thanks for having me!"

John Meader Graham, RIP.
Sounds like a good man

Back
Top Bottom