• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

When the rental company shows up for that service call that stated “hydraulics don’t work”

in all sincerity how could that of happened? It appears the lay is pretty level. I see the fel had soil in it but enough to make it fall over?
Operator error. The stabilizers are up, the seat is forward, the front bucket is all the way up and full of dirt, so likely driving. A backhoe is unstable with a full front bucket up high. Likely hit a boulder with the front right tire, and the momentum of a heavy load up high pulled it on over.

I qualify my guess with experience running a Case 580k with my father running sewers, water lines, digging footings, pier holes, and light grading. I never flipped it, but had some puckering moments, mainly due to dirt management and having to go back over piles of dirt I just dug. I love the smell of fresh dirt.

Operator error. The stabilizers are up, the seat is forward, the front bucket is all the way up and full of dirt, so likely driving. A backhoe is unstable with a full front bucket up high. Likely hit a boulder with the front right tire, and the momentum of a heavy load up high pulled it on over.

I qualify my guess with experience running a Case 580k with my father running sewers, water lines, digging footings, pier holes, and light grading. I never flipped it, but had some puckering moments, mainly due to dirt management and having to go back over piles of dirt I just dug. I love the smell of fresh dirt.
I kinda disagree but not because your scenario doesn’t happen.
It wasn’t a very full bucket and he has no reason to drive a bucket of dirt there.

Given the close proximity to the wall, I doubt he was going fast enough to turn it over. Look at that dude… you know he had it set on “turtle”.

Lastly… Home Depot rental sticker. Those guys rent to anyone and generally skip the “how to” part of the transaction.

Looking at the work site, there’s a shovel sticking up from giving the operator a straight edge. My guess is he drove the machine back there with the bucket up. He failed to lower the bucket and stabilizers. He then went to digging, grabbed a root and pulled his machine over. Just a guess

I kinda disagree but not because your scenario doesn’t happen.
It wasn’t a very full bucket and he has no reason to drive a bucket of dirt there.

Given the close proximity to the wall, I doubt he was going fast enough to turn it over. Look at that dude… you know he had it set on “turtle”.

Lastly… Home Depot rental sticker. Those guys rent to anyone and generally skip the “how to” part of the transaction.

Looking at the work site, there’s a shovel sticking up from giving the operator a straight edge. My guess is he drove the machine back there with the bucket up. He failed to lower the bucket and stabilizers. He then went to digging, grabbed a root and pulled his machine over. Just a guess
Very plausible as well. That thing is so little, a good wind may have blew it over. :lol:

Bottom line, they eff'd up.

CFEC6A11-2C70-49E6-AEC7-098463DC40BB.jpeg

Pops and both my in laws are there...😔
Not to be a Dudly Downer but mine just did that and hit his head on the ground and died 7 days later. Y'all be careful when you lose your sense of balance AND USE THAT CANE! No shame in it, you've earned it!

Back
Top Bottom