• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What's your favorite way to cook squirrel?

eyemikeb

Wolf Icon Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
264   0
Reaction score
So... I have quite a few squirrels from last season and I want to cook them. There are a lot of recipes out there that sound really good but I don't want to try one that isn't good and waste a squirrel. Who out there has a good recipe that they don't mind sharing?

Thanks.

I hesitate to post because I haven't eaten squirrel in 30+ years. It was gross then and now. I prefer to throw them in a bonfire.

So... I have quite a few squirrels from last season and I want to cook them. There are a lot of recipes out there that sound really good but I don't want to try one that isn't good and waste a squirrel. Who out there has a good recipe that they don't mind sharing?

Thanks.
I guess most of the comments are negative as they have not cooked or cleaned squirrels. There is a easy way to clean them if you do not know how. I like mine just like fried chicken and they are great, do not try to fry the old ones. They are good for simmered in rice gravy.

I guess most of the comments are negative as they have not cooked or cleaned squirrels. There is a easy way to clean them if you do not know how. I like mine just like fried chicken and they are great, do not try to fry the old ones. They are good for simmered in rice gravy.

Thanks, I clean them after shooting them, soak them in water and salt over night then wash them off and freeze them. So now I have a freezer full of squirrels and I need to try some recipes. Only problem... I can't have dairy and the lady can't have gluten (or whatever)... it's making it hard to find good recipes without those... :(

Back
Top Bottom