• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's your favorite broadhead?

Tazz

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Slayer of Spiders...
133   0
Reaction score
I'm shooting a Mathews Switchback @ 58# with a 27" draw so I'm not shooting with a whole lot of speed, but it's dead on accurate even out to 50 yds. so I like a fixed blade. I shoot Magnus Stinger 100gr. 2 blade cause it pretty much hits the same place my field tips hit and Uncle Ted Nugent says you can't go wrong with em'. So what are ya'll using?:yo:

2008 Hoyt Katera 29in 65lb, Viper 5 pin, QAD Pro hunter drop away, Gold tip xt hunter with 2 blade NAP blood runner. Best broad head ever.

:boink:Well if we're gonna tell all then here goes, the Switchback has winner's choice strings, trophy ridge drop away rest, trophy ridge 5 pin sight for off season and impact archery 3 pin for hunting, easton st carbon arrows, limb saver stabilizer and little limb savers in various places, and a tru-ball pro diamond release. By the way, I like the barracuda strings that came on it better. So how do ya like them apples, huh?! LOL! Oh yeah blazedawg.....I like BIG BOOM too!:boink: How fast you slingin' them sticks man? I'm only throwin' em' about 240fps. Sounds like a real nice set up you got there man.

Last edited:
HAHA, last time i got chronoed i was at 280 with 60lb and 28in. so i should be around 290 295 with 65 and 29. Next time i buy new strings im goin to go crackerized. all the guys over at archery talk live by em. my big boom is from the 870 super mag and 3 1/2 turkey loads :madgrin:

I am shooting the Katera XL as well. I switched from Rage 3 blade to Montec by G5 this year. I missed a deer so far, but it went through a 2" sapling at 40 yards. I like it cause it is fixed and one solid piece.

I almost got the G5's but my uncle shoots 3 blade bloodrunners and said he'd go in half if i would get the 2 blade. And mine have 2 1/8 cutting diamiter and they are fixed blade!

HAHA, my big boom is from the 870 super mag and 3 1/2 turkey loads :madgrin:

I know this is a little off subject, but I just couldn't resist. 3 1/2" turkey loads...OUCH!!!!:crazy: My big boom is an old Ruger Vaquero .45 Colt launching a Cor-Bon 300gr. JSP @ 1300fps!:eyebrows:

HAHA, last time i got chronoed i was at 280 with 60lb and 28in. so i should be around 290 295 with 65 and 29. Next time i buy new strings im goin to go crackerized. all the guys over at archery talk live by em. my big boom is from the 870 super mag and 3 1/2 turkey loads :madgrin:

Hey man, is that Katera adjustable on the draw length? Or do you have two of em' ?

ha, nah them 3 1/2's aint THAT bad. i mean when a turkeys there you don't feel it, now pattering it is a different story.
No it aint adjustable, i shot a few 29 inchers and i could group just as good as my 28 so i bought new cams and 29 factory string.

Back
Top Bottom