• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What's your average deer killshot distance?

What's your average deer killshot distance here in GA?

• 25 Yards

Votes: 9 8.6%
  • 50 Yards

Votes: 45 42.9%
  • 75 Yards

Votes: 29 27.6%
  • 100 Yards

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • 125 Yards

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • 150 Yards

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • 175 Yards

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • 200 Yards

Votes: 4 3.8%

• Total voters
I haven’t taken one yet. On my property the longest sight line I have is less than 50 yards, and the property is over-run with them at night.

The one time I actually stood out at sunset with a rifle in my hands. I heard them bleating and breaking through brush. I saw the white of the tail. But by then it was too dark to legally take a shot.

I also later found out the deer processor was not taking any animals for 3 days.

Y’all may think I’m lousy but the last 10 or so have been under 30’ on the ground without a blind.

I have a nice climber but it’s just a PITA to carry and set up along with dragging when successful in the woods.

I’m all about scouting and scent/wind knowledge, the rest is just plain luck I guess.

Dress out with some blue jeans and an old fleece jacket I leave on the front porch along with my orange safety vest. I literally use my camouflage budget towards more lead.

I said 75 because that’s probably average for the last several years but have taken tons of them well under that in the past

Back
Top Bottom