• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's wrong with the World/US pondering...

Oh yes the good old days of child labor :lol: Surely you aren't serious about that but nothing surprises me I read on here.

We aren't talking about physically breaking your phone or TV. They just aren't made to last. Smart phones last a few generations before updates make them slow and unusable, or the internal battery on phones like iPhones and the new Samsungs don't hold a charge anymore and you can't replace it. Smart TVs just up and die after 2-3 years of use.
I can't even get a pair of shoes to last longer than 1-2 years these days let alone keep up with electronics.

Meanwhile, I have a denim jacket that's 20+ years old and only just needed repairs around the pockets this past year.

Nothing is made like it used to be.

Everyone in America want to buy items manufactured with slave labor because it’s cheaper. However nobody wants to be the slave labor. Seems to be the issue we have. We think everything should be cheap....except for our labor.
I feel the same way buying a car/truck that is union made. Only the slave is the consumer.

I feel the same way buying a car/truck that is union made. Only the slave is the consumer.
I used to do repairs on the phones at the GM BOP plant in Doraville in the 70’s.
Watching some of those folks “assembling” a vehicle was truly eye-opening. Slip-shod would be a step above.
’Course, mind-numbing repetition of the same task hundreds of times a day, you’re going to have a high burnout rate.

I used to do repairs on the phones at the GM BOP plant in Doraville in the 70’s.
Watching some of those folks “assembling” a vehicle was truly eye-opening. Slip-shod would be a step above.
’Course, mind-numbing repetition of the same task hundreds of times a day, you’re going to have a high burnout rate.
I used to live on Buford Highway a couple miles west of there a little before that time. Know that plant well.... Where else then could you get $25-$50 an hour to run an impact wrench and go "Brrrrrrrruppp" all day? Just robots that needed feeding and sleep...

Back
Top Bottom