• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What's with the BOS stuff????

stepup

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
16   0
Reaction score
So I have been away for a little while due to just spending time doing other things I enjoy. I used to be a very active member constantly buying and selling. I have never been big on the bill of sale thing. I would always just want to see a copy of the drivers license and I never cared to see there CCW. If they asked to see mine I would show it to them otherwise I never cared. Now it seems like every classified on there the seller is wanting a Bill Of Sale. O.K. I don't like it but I can kind of see the reasoning for it. Then I see one where a guy wants drivers license number, ccw # and all kinds of other stuff. I mean I can see wanting something saying I sold this gun just in case it is used for a crime and you want proof that it isn't yours but I think alot of people are going way overboard. Most gun owners will sit and bitch about the fact that the government wants to have a registry for all guns but then expect someone there selling a gun to give them all of there personal information. The law only says that we can't knowingly sell a gun to a convicted felon. If your that worried look at them in the face and say are you a convicted felon but this Bill of Sale thing is getting out of hand. FLAME SUIT ON.

s2.quickmeme.com_img_41_41522edb4f42599180c0c0982df855213164a9577ae3f97d45a03b18dd159c23.jpg
Like I said I haven't been around in a while if someone could steer me to a thread where it has been discussed I would like to read the opinions of why people want a bill of sale.

Still not sure how a BOS proves you sold the gun. I can print off a thousand bills of sales in a boring morning at work.

Yessssir Mr Officer I sold that gun. Right here I have an official unbelievably not fake just printed fresh off the deal bill of sale. No need to bring me in or interview me. I will fax you a copy of that fully legitimate bill of sale that I printed right off my personal printer just before he bought the gun. How many copies do you want? One for you .... One for the BATF... One for the DEA ... And maybe another just for your father in law who gets mighty suspicious...

I just have all four sides of my vehicle wired with cameras so I video every transaction and write down the license plate numbers of all my trade partners. My buddy in the overwatch truck has control of the drone (also with camera) flying just out of ear shot.

I figure I'm covered. Got those tips here from other ODT'rs

I just have all four sides of my vehicle wired with cameras so I video every transaction and write down the license plate numbers of all my trade partners. My buddy in the overwatch truck has control of the drone (also with camera) flying just out of ear shot.

I figure I'm covered. Got those tips here from other ODT'rs

I like this idea

Back
Top Bottom