• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's up with Newnan?

What's going on in Newnan? Thinking about picking up investment acreage in the area. I know Atlanta north of I-20, but nothing about the south side.

Friends with Piedmont Newnan tell me it's blowing up and they are adding a more beds. Broker friends say builders are looking for land in Coweta to satisfy demand.

Is Coweta that desirable? How is the demographic developing? I know nobody every wants further development in an area after they move, but is the County generally friendly to growth?
What's the growth driver? Logistics/industrial?

Thanks in advance!

All I know is we’ve been doing a ton of development work down there, Conyers and Covington out 20 east as well.

We downsized to Newnan from Peachtree City in 2015. We live close to Piedmont Hospital and love the convenience of being close to healthcare, grocery stores etc. Downtown Newnan is cool. I was able to retire earlier than planned and was hoping to move to the mountains after retirement. Gonna wait for the real estate market to settle a bit before we start looking. Don't want to be in any bidding wars, and don't want to build with construction material prices thru the roof.
I ride motorcycles often around the area. There is an incredible amount of house construction going on in what not long ago would have been considered "out in the country".

Im from Newnan. Raised out toward Sharpsburg.
We are like every other town that has politicians runnin the show ;)

One thing in these comments i agree on for sure is that the apartment complexes need to stop or its gonna ruin our town ;(

Amen brother. Watched old national from late 70’s till I left in 82. Moved here in 87. It’s for sure going south. Just look in the cars as you drive around. Too much warehouse work brings in the undesirable. Just my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom