• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's up with Newnan?

araomd

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
59   0
Reaction score
What's going on in Newnan? Thinking about picking up investment acreage in the area. I know Atlanta north of I-20, but nothing about the south side.

Friends with Piedmont Newnan tell me it's blowing up and they are adding a more beds. Broker friends say builders are looking for land in Coweta to satisfy demand.

Is Coweta that desirable? How is the demographic developing? I know nobody every wants further development in an area after they move, but is the County generally friendly to growth?
What's the growth driver? Logistics/industrial?

Thanks in advance!

I feel completely different than Jopples. We have been here 15yr and love it!
Right now things are nuts because the tornado put about 2,000 people in the housing market that weren’t looking two weeks ago. Demand is WAY above supply but it is a great town... easiest traffic of any side of ATL metro, great town square, good restaurants, nice people.
Yes, we have some rough spots like any area but we just built our empty nester home here and don’t plan to budge!

I feel completely different than Jopples. We have been here 15yr and love it!
Right now things are nuts because the tornado put about 2,000 people in the housing market that weren’t looking two weeks ago. Demand is WAY above supply but it is a great town... easiest traffic of any side of ATL metro, great town square, good restaurants, nice people.
Yes, we have some rough spots like any area but we just built our empty nester home here and don’t plan to budge!
I make deliveries all over Newnan. These "nice places and nice people" live right around the corners from ghetto apartment complexes and neighborhoods and don't even know it. There are invisible lines everywhere separating the "nice" places from the ghetto. All these nice neighborhoods being built are ghettos, i see the Newnan PD dealing with it in these nice places every night. Traffic is ****, the restaurants can't seem to hire or keep good staff, but I will concede that most of the people here are still nice until you get behind every 4th or 5th car doing 25mph under the speed limit with 42 cars stacked up behind them

I grew up in Coweta, ghetto is a vast overstatement. There have always been poorer areas and nicer areas.
Newnan has grown as has Coweta.
I live in Coweta but bought 165 acres in Heard , I could not afford same here.

Nice area overall but the growth will come at a price. Real Estate is CRAZY here now , never ever been this hot.

D.R. Horton is building two neighborhoods just down from the hospital, on the north and south sides of Poplar Rd. We just learned that one of the neighborhoods will be all rentals, managed by Horton. They're building way too many neighborhoods and apartments without improving and widening roads. And don't forget about the new massive warehouses for Amazon, Goodyear, etc., along I85.

D.R. Horton is building two neighborhoods just down from the hospital, on the north and south sides of Poplar Rd. We just learned that one of the neighborhoods will be all rentals, managed by Horton. They're building way too many neighborhoods and apartments without improving and widening roads. And don't forget about the new massive warehouses for Amazon, Goodyear, etc., along I85.

This is true , too rapid of growth. We moved from White Oak in March 2019. We now live further from the guys (One Life ) and its quicker to get to the gym from where we are. Avoiding Bullsboro or Lower Fayetteville Rds

Back
Top Bottom