What's the problem with Taurus??!

No offense but 800 rds or "800+" is hardly shooting "the hell .. it". Generally, one decent class consists of 700-800 rds, and that is bare minimum to really establish any kind of reliability. I witnessed an example of the very gun you are referring to going down in a class. It was purchased by a friend of mine who bought it against my advice because he got a "good deal" on it. He took it out shooting several times and loved it. Never a bit of problems. I talked him into going to a general defensive handgun class with me. I always carry two Glock 19s with me to a class. Not for me, but for others when their guns go down they can finish the class. Good thing this time. Half way through the class, his Taurus went TU. It kept dropping the mag. Seems for him, when he started moving and shooting, the gun started giving all kinds of malfunctions. FTF, FTE, dropping mag, etc. He could not get off more than two rounds before he was doing unintended malfunction drills. He finished with my spare 19 and sold the Taurus to another friend (again, against my advice) and he is perfectly happy with the gun. He shoots maybe 25 rds a year out of it and looks at it the rest of the time.
This is just another example of Taurus when they are used more than just recreationally. It has nothing to do with marketing. By all accounts, they have executed one of the best marketing ads I have ever seen for a firearms company with the original PT 1911 ads. Advertising that their gun sold for 599 with all of the "custom features" that 1911 owners want and when purchased individually they would total over 2000 dollars.:hat: Many people (my cousin included) bought the advertising and still to this day make that claim. Big problem is that none of it was executed properly. Ask any pistolsmith, as long as he isn't selling you the gun.
I owned one of the early 92 AF models and it was a good pistol, albeit way too big for a 9mm. I sold it after about 5 days.

Yeah.

For several years, I was shooting 500 rounds every week as a break from work.

My lunch hour.

.45 Auto, .44 Magnum, .41 Magnum,

Oh, there was that .44 Magnum Derringer "OUCH, Damn Ouch!"

Don't ask my son about this, as he may start cursing.

Yes, I admit it was a nasty thing I did.

I fired the thing twice, [ it WAS a twice barreled carabine ] and handed it to my son.

I artfully hid the blood gushing from my hand and have been ashamed of this ever after.

No. I do not have a weak grip.
I can break bones with my grip.

[I will not tell you the name of the only other person I know who can beat my grip.
Well, that may not be accurate. My son and I have never gone to that extreme.]

Note: The other friend is an avid shooter and wins many shoot-outs at various competitions.

I did warn my son that he needed to grip the thing like it was a Cobra, ready to bite.

We determined later, that the .44 Magnum rounds had a jacketed bullet, and after a few years of shelf time, the brass case and the bullet had bonded together, and raised the pressure as well as recoil.

I feel I am @ times. Im not going to lie. I feel like a lower class person when I carry a taurus (stupid I know) Its like driving a beat up pinto. Sure you feel better getting into a nice benz insted of that beat up rust colored pinto. :)

Just curious here.

Do you, or did you, before you were married, ever have the same feelings before getting into a nice comfortable 'hose bag' ?

Ex Sailor here. Nothing you can say will surprise or offend me.

Agree with RIDDLE. sent my pt709 back 3 times. All 3 the sent it back with invoice stating 25 rds shot WWB (0) FTF (0) FTE. Said I must be limp wristing it. apparently everyone I know must limp wrist it. Traded it to a Taurus dealer who said he would make sure they made it right before he sold it. Never again will known another Taurus after that experience with their customer service. Not to mention all the mixed communication of what was going to be done or ETA.

Back
Top Bottom