What's the difference?

Bear44

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
213   0
Reaction score
Other than a $1000 in price, what are the real differences between a Benelli M4 and a Mossberg 930 Tactical? I've worked out both pretty good and there doesn't seem to be anything close a practical world difference.

It comes down to the gas systems/operating systems. The ARGO system in the m4 is a more reliable system that can operate dirtier longer than others on the market. If you dont need that then a 930/940 will work great for your needs.
I've run my 930 hard specifically to test it's reliability. I've put hundreds of rounds through it without cleaning and have had zero failures.

I've run my 930 hard specifically to test it's reliability. I've put hundreds of rounds through it without cleaning and have had zero failures.
Running hundreds of rounds without cleaning isn’t really what’s going to show the benefits of a reliable system. If hundreds of rounds without cleaning creates an unreliable system, that’s a REALLY bad system.

It just comes down to the point that not everyone needs a 99.99% reliable $2k shotgun when their 99% $750 gun works perfectly for their needs. Folks spend too much money on stuff they really dont need because of SHTF fantasies they made up in their heads.
The more people that think like you, the better for my SHTF fantasies. ;)

Back
Top Bottom