• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What would you do?

romans1212

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
74   0
Reaction score
You have worked in ATL- nearly 30 miles away each direction- for 16 years. The way you have learned to cope with the forever traffic is a big cup of coffee, XM radio and a giant dose of patience. You do not ever have to rush into the office. Thankfully, you don't have that kind of job.

You are coming home now and you are on 575N about 4:30pm. Traffic is as expected, inching along one car length at a time. A guy in a Silver Jeep creeps passed you on your right at triple pumps his middle finger at you. You are stunned? "Was that meant for me? Why? What did I do wrong?" you ask yourself.

He is only a car length ahead of you so the natural progression of traffic quickly brings you alongside. Curious more than angry, you glance at his face--You aren't angry; you don't mouth anything at him; you are in no way provoking; your hand is not on your CC-- you just glance.

He points a gun at your forehead. You hit your brakes, which seems to launch him ahead of you. You stare at the string of numbers on his plate while you scramble for your phone.

In the off chance that the Jeep guy is an ODT member, I shall keep the rest of the details. I am happy to have you waiting with great anticipation for the cops to show up at your door.

i'm truly sorry this happened to you. i am astounded not only that he was so upset as to present a weapon- but mostly by the fact that the serious issue that merited his action was something about which you were not even aware. in all probability, nothing to do with you at all.
just another guy boiling over :(

You have worked in ATL- nearly 30 miles away each direction- for 16 years. The way you have learned to cope with the forever traffic is a big cup of coffee, XM radio and a giant dose of patience. You do not ever have to rush into the office. Thankfully, you don't have that kind of job.

You are coming home now and you are on 575N about 4:30pm. Traffic is as expected, inching along one car length at a time. A guy in a Silver Jeep creeps passed you on your right at triple pumps his middle finger at you. You are stunned? "Was that meant for me? Why? What did I do wrong?" you ask yourself.

He is only a car length ahead of you so the natural progression of traffic quickly brings you alongside. Curious more than angry, you glance at his face--You aren't angry; you don't mouth anything at him; you are in no way provoking; your hand is not on your CC-- you just glance.

He points a gun at your forehead. You hit your brakes, which seems to launch him ahead of you. You stare at the string of numbers on his plate while you scramble for your phone.

In the off chance that the Jeep guy is an ODT member, I shall keep the rest of the details. I am happy to have you waiting with great anticipation for the cops to show up at your door.
Simple solution...
Immediately drop back behind him, insuring that he is now framed in the dash cam, notify my friends in uniform that a situation is developing that they might want to get involved in, upon their arrival, activate appropriate lighting (that he failed to notice due to proper concealment on my vehicle) and audible warnings to convey to subject in front and innocents around us that a roadside discussion is about to take place and give him the opportunity to decide where he wishes to reside for the immediate future. You just never know who you may be waving at on the road. Who would expect this to happen when accosting or threatening some guy in a F350 Dually.... That's right you never know what unmarked units look like these days.

I've been carrying for many years, and I've been in several situations where I could have easily 'lost it'...that being said, I have never presented my weapon - and definitely not for intimidation purposes. If some jack*** is looking for an opportunity to get a rise out of someone by driving around pointing his weapon at folks, there isn't much you can do about it without putting other people in danger (especially when you are on the open highway).

Stupidity like that is why 'the sheeple' have such an asinine view of 2A rights, this jack hole is a detriment to everyone around him. I think you did the right thing by not exacerbating the issue but, that desire to 'put foot to ass' will still hang with you for some time I would suppose...it would me!

Good on ya for not making a sh**** situation worse!

Try to avoid pulling alongside someone who is obviously very pissed at you for whatever reason. Try to get behind said vehicle. Distance is your friend.

Sage advice. Why confront an apparently unstable individual. You were not aware of any provocation on your part, right?

Back
Top Bottom