What Options Do I Have?

I never fall for sob stories. I will take the $200 and give you a receipt and when you come back with the other $200 I give you the gun. I don't finance for friends. I let an ex Brother in law borrow a rifle to go deer hunting once, he went to the local pawn shop and sold it. He tried to tell me it was stolen from him. I reported it as stolen from me and told the police where it was. The police went to the pawn shop, retrieved my gun and arrested the dirt bag that sold it.

The problem you have now is it becomes a civil matter instead of criminal for failure to pay the balance. He could claim he paid you cash and you never gave him a receipt.

I learned the same lesson you're now learning, kind of. I bought a rifle for my uncle for a little over $1500.00. He said he wanted one, I found what he wanted, called him and told him all about it, sent him a pic of it, he says "buy it and I'll pay you for it", I show up at his house with the rifle (DSA FAL) and he says. "It's a little heavy for me, I'll have to pass!".

I sure Hope you get your pistol back, at this point I wouldn't want the other $200.00. If you go to see him, remember he's armed now. How bad would that suck, getting shot with your own pistol.

Good Luck!!

Cardinal rule.........NEVER loan money or anything else to a friend or relative that you expect to get back. That way, you will not be disappointed.
bellman

Back
Top Bottom