What is the NRA doing?

mgfguevara

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
64   0
Reaction score
I had a very long talk today with a co-worker im working on turning gun pro, shes new, naive and doesnt know much. I took her shooting with me last time we went to the range and her son came along.

She brought up a very good point, the media is twisted. We know this. She asked me this " Why isnt the NRA educating the public"?

This struck me and I didn't have an answer. I was showing her the difference between semi-auto AR15 vs Full auto / 3 round burst and she was appalled as she though our guns shot 1009548098430 rounds a second lol. She said she though we had full auto and based on what she has seen or been swayed to think on television.

Showed her this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8YuPPWuGW8

The only way we can really counter act and be pro active is to educated the sheep. She now supports our right to own, carry and practice our sport and way of life. She is even going to sign against any weapons ban.

She is more at ease since I took the time to explain and help he learn, her son is into firearms and has a good head on his shoulders. He wants to serve.

Lets educated, Id be down for designing a Bill Board if we start a fund and start advertising!

Ever try pissing into the wind? The money best spent right now is on keeping any proposed legislation from passing, and that isn't going to come from a popular vote it's coming from legislators. The NRA is operating at full tilt.

The way to keep it from passing it is to get "sheep" to understand the media isnt right. By doing so we get more people maybe willing to write to the voice of the people.

When you find out how to educate the public let the Republican Party, the NRA, and any number of conservative groups know. Apparently there are critics on here that know better than the NRA about how to work effectively in the political system. Just keep posting negative comments about the NRA and by doing so undermine their efforts.

While I agree with you, I believe it would be too little too late. Our chance to educate the sheep has passed. Because of the recent events, the media has already gotten the uneducated on the gun grabbing bandwaggon. If we were to act now it would appear to just be the evil child killing NRA trying to protect our evil assult weapons with no regaurd for the victims.

When you find out how to educate the public let the Republican Party, the NRA, and any number of conservative groups know. Apparently there are critics on here that know better than the NRA about how to work effectively in the political system. Just keep posting negative 6comments about the NRA and by doing so undermine their efforts.

What do you mean keep posting negative things, first thing I posted regarding the NRA and I am curious what's going on. A no bull**** approach is to take it into our hands and try to do something? I felt educating the sheep still stands a chance and wouldn't hurt. Just saying.

What do you mean keep posting negative things, first thing I posted regarding the NRA and I am curious what's going on. A no bull**** approach is to take it into our hands and try to do something? I felt educating the sheep still stands a chance and wouldn't hurt. Just saying.

I don't think he is responding to your post but rather this one:
The NRA is taking your money and giving you ****ty duffel bags in return!! j/k

The second largest threat to the anti-gun organization's ban agenda is the NRA. As with any "good" liberal organization that can't argue the facts they will marginalize the NRA, poke fun at the NRA and attempt at any effort or length to discredit the NRA. Those same groups largest threat is the honest gun owning community. The tactics are historically well documented on demonizing this group (our group) at first by segregating good gun vs. bad gun and when that fails (as they know it will-their policy is one of failure) then re-group and re-classify the good gun vs. bad gun list. The end result is always the same, the tactics nearly always the same and our NRA remains on the hill to do battle for our rights at the federal level. I give my support to them as they do too far much good for all America's citizenry.

Divide and conquer!

While I agree with you, I believe it would be too little too late. Our chance to educate the sheep has passed. Because of the recent events, the media has already gotten the uneducated on the gun grabbing bandwaggon. If we were to act now it would appear to just be the evil child killing NRA trying to protect our evil assult weapons with no regaurd for the victims.

I disagree, it's never too late to teach or learn. I hate saying never or always as nearly every time I'm wrong, but doubtful in this case. The common folk have been paying attention and we went from a few states with the right to carry (true to the intent of the 2nd Amendment) to now nearly all except a few communist states.

The anti-gun machine is well funded and has a lot of resources along with much of the media but we have a population that is one of the most educated ever with instant access to the internet. I watched the VA tech shooting anti-gun vultures try to feed but be shooed away by a strong pro-gun crowd that has had enough. That shooting really brought the right to carry back on the debate table and they were losing. It did not go as they intended or planned for.

Then the Colorado shooting (another gun free-killing zone), same buzzards, same rhetoric and again same results were obtained. This most recent shooting at Sandy Hook has local and state legislatures along with school staff looking at realistic and effective security measures while the federal government makes a panel consisting of the VP and a group of LEO's (whom likely either take money from Joyce-the International Police Chiefs Ass. or police chiefs who are likely aligned with MAIG) who are working actively to dismantle the 2nd Amendment with yet further (ineffective) regulation, restriction and out-right bans.

The public is mostly in the middle and as stated uneducated to a degree. Do we let them obtain their indoctrination from a liberal press, actors and misguided politicians or do we play a part in the real education process. It would involve uncovering the lies and exposing the dishonesty that the anti-gun crowd is well known to go to great lengths to accomplish.

Truth and knowledge is power. Wield it wisely.

The NRA is doing exactly what they need to do right now to deal with the politics in motion.

JMO, but no amount of education to the public will change the minds of those already convinced that guns are bad. The people I know that are in the middle on the debate all agree that gun banning isnt the answer to stop the crazy mass killings that have occured.

Back
Top Bottom