• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What if HR.8 Passes

"If I want to sell a pistol right after H.R. 8 takes effect, I'll still list it here, and anybody can buy it, provided that we complete the deal at an agreed-upon brick-and-mortar FFL shop."

Fair enough, your personal choice. What happens if I show up with my concealed carry permit that was renewed the day before - does this carry any weight if it isn't specifically covered by H.R. 8? Serious question. Thanks.

"If I want to sell a pistol right after H.R. 8 takes effect, I'll still list it here, and anybody can buy it, provided that we complete the deal at an agreed-upon brick-and-mortar FFL shop."

Fair enough, your personal choice. What happens if I show up with my concealed carry permit that was renewed the day before - does this carry any weight if it isn't specifically covered by H.R. 8? Serious question. Thanks.

Not as far as the court goes. Individuals, that's up to them.

3) Lastly, would it be legal and could be pay collectively to have a dedicated retail FFL to run all of the trade forum transactions and after the background check is conducted, the two parties could meet and trade?

I vote we pick an FFL in Steam Mill or Faceville, GA.

I created this thread mainly because I am curious of yall’s thoughts as to how this will affect member of ODT specifically. I’m sure ODT could remain a discussion forum, but I am sure we would see a drop in active members if the site were to have to drop the trade portion of the forum. It would be really sad to see this community fade away. I have lived in a few other states and have never found something as active in discussions or trades nor as nice of a site from a technical perspective. To get us starts I have a few points and my thoughts on the matter.

1) My first thought is: Just because person to person transaction would technically be illegal, this doesn’t necessarily mean we could not have a trade forum, it would just require the two parties meet at a retail location. However, I am nervous that despite discussion of trades not being illegal, feds might crack down on sites where that occurs.

2) Secondly, it seems like transactions where atleast one party has a C&R license would be legal despite there not being a background check required at the time of the transaction. Do you think this will be the case? If so maybe the trade forums will be limited to C&R holders and retail FFL holders?

3) Lastly, would it be legal and could be pay collectively to have a dedicated retail FFL to run all of the trade forum transactions and after the background check is conducted, the two parties could meet and trade?
Only those who comply are doing anything illegal!!!

It would be a sad day in America when an undercover operation would be engaged in just to harass or entrap once law abiding citizens solely based on the mislead agenda of one political party’s actions pandering to special interests groups which in fact may have their own agenda. I think most law enforcement professionals would agree with this assumption. Yes, law enforcement is sworn to uphold and enforce the laws on the books but the politicians also took a far more responsible oath to uphold the document known as the US Constitution. After all the Constitution is the basis start for all ‘laws’. Yup, law school 101 day ONE !.

Unfortunately, these special interest organizations ‘operate’ without being elected, and have no constituent element to answer to, and do so freely absent of any accounting for the origin of financial means to do so. It is my opinion that it appears way to easy for such groups to ‘legally’ entice an elected official of one party or another in an effort to usurp the will of the people. It is also my opinion that said approached ‘elected’ officials can then easily circumvent the ‘will of the people’ or even their own constituents if it results in the desired outcome.

That being said ….

Remember HR-8 does absolutely nothing to:

Hinder the actions of the criminal element ….
but you will never hear that presented in the liberal controlled main stream media or social information outlets.

Prevent illegal shootings or assaults ….

The last time I checked we already have laws passed by previous ‘lawmakers’ making that illegal ..so If we make it more difficult for LAW ABIDING citizens to protect and preserve their constitutional rights …. this achieves what outcome ? Hmmm.

Stop the illegal transfer of guns to criminals.

Will not stop criminals from obtaining or transferring illegally obtained weapons. Hey ...newsflash ‘Criminals are Criminals”

..dont get me started. : )

dakatl dakatl and all...

I'll be honest, there is convincing evidence that UBC, registration, etc actually does decrease gun crime, violent crime fatalities, and suicides. It's not conclusive by any means, but it's arguable at least. I think it's a disservice to our side of the debate to not admit that the other side has some acceptable basis for their points.

I just don't think those relatively small statistical improvements to safety outweigh the importance of the purpose of the 2nd amendment.

Let me be clear on what I think that purpose is also... I don't think it means that we have the ability to overthrow the government. It just means that individuals have the ability to get the ability to overthrow the government. We don't get tanks and canons and whatnot. We do get the tools necessary to procure some tanks and whatnot if it came to that. Generally, we have the tools necessary for a SHTF type situation, whatever the cause may be. We are not 100% dependent and at the mercy of the government. (maybe 80-90% but definitely not 100%, lol)

dakatl dakatl and all...

I'll be honest, there is convincing evidence that UBC, registration, etc actually does decrease gun crime, violent crime fatalities, and suicides. It's not conclusive by any means, but it's arguable at least. I think it's a disservice to our side of the debate to not admit that the other side has some acceptable basis for their points.

I just don't think those relatively small statistical improvements to safety outweigh the importance of the purpose of the 2nd amendment.

Let me be clear on what I think that purpose is also... I don't think it means that we have the ability to overthrow the government. It just means that individuals have the ability to get the ability to overthrow the government. We don't get tanks and canons and whatnot. We do get the tools necessary to procure some tanks and whatnot if it came to that. Generally, we have the tools necessary for a SHTF type situation, whatever the cause may be. We are not 100% dependent and at the mercy of the government. (maybe 80-90% but definitely not 100%, lol)
Shall. Not. Be. Infringed.

It is not the purview of the FedGod to regulate intrastate transfers of private property or contracts.

Shall. Not. Be. Infringed.

It is not the purview of the FedGod to regulate intrastate transfers of private property or contracts.

I think we just need more laws and lawyers. That will fix everything and I can finally be safe. Why do you hate children and puppies?

Back
Top Bottom