• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What have you reloaded today?

500 308 this week end. And cut 500 223 s to become 300 blkout

I just trimmed up some 300blk. 150 or so that I chopped and formed before Christmas, was waiting on the trimmer to finish them off. I've got some 125's to load, then going to order some xtreme 150's for a plinking load and probably some 110 30 carbine bullets.

You are wrong again. The 300blk is designed to run either way, subsonic or supersonic without a can. It's original design calls for a pistol length gas system. On a pistol length system it will cycle just fine. On a carbine length system subsonic may not cycle. Personally if I was trying to get a subsonic to cycle I wouldn't do it with 150's, I'd go heavier to a 220. It's like 9mm, it's easier to push a heavy 147 or 124 subsonic reliably than it is to push a 115 reliably and keep it subsonic. 150's I'd try to push around 2000fps. In fact I'm looking at picking up some xtreme plated 150's and run them around 2000. Also going to pick up some 110 30 carbine bullets to load up a plinking load with.

The 147 pulldns make great plinkers and cheap $.15 ea run about 2000fps. The xtremes are only rated to 1500 fps

Loaded another 50 rounds of practice 9mm. Couple questions.

1. For practice rounds, will a variation of .1gr affect the rounds and accuracy that much? I know for a fact that the rounds will cycle and fire just fine with no pressure signs in a window of 4.2-4.4 grains of titegroup. But wanted to see what you guys thought.
I was able to set up the Lee charge bar so I dont have to manually weigh each round, but it varies from 4.3-4.4. 4.3 being my goal weight.

2. I was also able to get the turret setup dialed in, but i'm wondering what everyone thinks about having to trim the casings. If it's no that big of a deal it would save me a good amount of time. Current OOM is,

1. Tumble
2. Trim case with the Hornady Cam-Lock to .75 +/- .01
3. champfer and debur
4. size , de-prime/prime
5. expand/charge
6. seat
7. crimp
8. Measure every 5th one

A pic.
i41.tinypic.com_v7yywy.jpg

Loaded another 50 rounds of practice 9mm. Couple questions.

1. For practice rounds, will a variation of .1gr affect the rounds and accuracy that much? I know for a fact that the rounds will cycle and fire just fine with no pressure signs in a window of 4.2-4.4 grains of titegroup. But wanted to see what you guys thought.
I was able to set up the Lee charge bar so I dont have to manually weigh each round, but it varies from 4.3-4.4. 4.3 being my goal weight.

2. I was also able to get the turret setup dialed in, but i'm wondering what everyone thinks about having to trim the casings. If it's no that big of a deal it would save me a good amount of time. Current OOM is,

1. Tumble
2. Trim case with the Hornady Cam-Lock to .75 +/- .01
3. champfer and debur
4. size , de-prime/prime
5. expand/charge
6. seat
7. crimp
8. Measure every 5th one

A pic.
i41.tinypic.com_v7yywy.jpg

1/10 of a grain will not make any realistic difference in 9mm.

I have never trimmed a pistol case in 30 years and I don't plan on starting anytime soon. Most of my pistol shooting is informal target, plinking and combat training, not really precision.

Check as often as you feel the need.

I check powder weight and seating depth for the first several rounds, by the 2-3 round if the settings have not changed then they shouldn't. I occasionally check again after a few hundred.

Back
Top Bottom