• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What do y'all think really will help?

Big guy in the sky

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
92   0
Reaction score
I want to know, honestly, what y'all think will help with the rampage killings. I have argued with countless democrats over the past 2 weeks. I know how I feel, and my opinions, but I want to hear an honest discussion over what gun owners think will help with the problem. This is an opinion question, so no hot headed discussions. And yes, I am VERY against High cap and assault weapon bans.

I think it has a lot to do with the lack of jobs and cash flow in most peoples life's and they just snap. I mean if you cant even feed your self or have a place to live at what point do you just snap. Just my 2 cents

Much harsher judicial system wouldn't hurt but at the end of the day if some psycho wants to harm innocent people for no reason there's not a whole lot that can be done to prevent it.

Just like you can't fix stupid. You can't change crazy. Sociopaths do not think like you or I. No amount of punishment or legislation can deter these individuals. They will do what they intend to do because they have no emotional attachment to the consequences. no fear no remorse just plain evil.

Why is this guy called a "shooter" and not a terrorist? I bet those folks in the theater felt terrorized. Anyhow, the thing with terrorism is that it's random and unpredictable so there isn't much you can do. On the other hand, I think it's flat out stupid that companies would put out products like 100 round drums to the general public. They serve absolutely no practical purpose and do more harm to the image of gun owners than good, IMO. I know it's your right and you can carry around a 300 round drum if you so desire, but it's stupid. I don't feel they should be regulated, however, but I do think that some manufacturers should voluntarily rethink uber-capacity magazines.

Yeah, I know, he could've just carried around 3 30 round mags but at least he would've had to do two mag swaps, and there would be no gawking at 100 round drums.

IMO---I don't think anything will stop rampage killings. If all guns were banned these nutcases will use hammers, axes, knives whatever they choose as a weapon. Some nutcases thrive on the attention they receive from the media when they do a senseless act and show no remorse. Banning weapons is NOT the answer. Banning idiots from obtaining weapons is NOT the answer for one day this idiot could very well save your life. Banning the sale of ammo is NOT the answer.

I say arm every American Citizen over the age of 18 that want to be armed and provide the proper training. Open or conceal carry anywhere and everywhere. The crime rate will go down eventually. There will be more shootings and killings in the beginning because of the stupid criminals trying to rob armed citizens, but that would be getting rid of the worst trash to begin with. Most of all, everybody will feel safer and nutcases will at least think twice about doing something really stupid like rampage killings. Nothing will stop it completely, but I feel that this would at least slow it down.

Last edited:
Just like you can't fix stupid. You can't change crazy. Sociopaths do not think like you or I. No amount of punishment or legislation can deter these individuals. They will do what they intend to do because they have no emotional attachment to the consequences. no fear no remorse just plain evil.

I say this over and over agina. If they do ban high caps and assault weapons, a person bent on killing will still get them. If I am bound and determined to kill as many people as I can, I know I am either going to die in the process or be incarcerated for ever. I would have no problem spending what ever amount of money it took to buy them, and money will always talk.

I honestly believe there needs to be a bill proposed for rampage killings that would put the killer to death in a matter of weeks. A stiffer judicial system would be wonderful. Stricter and harsher punishments for gun crimes wouldn't hurt. Why do I care what the consequences are if I am not or ever will be a criminal? All of that isn't going to happen though. The supreme court will shoot those propositions down, just like they will any retarded reactions like the high cap mag ban (thankfully). The problem is is that the feds are so divided on everything now, that the only thing either side can do is scream extremes, and stalemate in the middle. I do firmly believe that if there is not a reasonable proposition put forward, that the NRA can agree with, that there will be some type of across the board ban in place sometime in the future, especially if Obama is reelected

My honest opinion, is that there should be a type of additional screening for assault rifles to include a psychological check. This could be done with out the gun retailer actually knowing what the reason for the hold on the sale is, and the persons privacy would be intact. The same thing happens when you apply for a CCW or you buy a weapon, and you have some type of minor violence charge. They hold it for a couple of days to investigate, and then usually go thru with the sale. Or if you have a CCW, then you could just buy whatever. Thats not exactly what I would like to see happen, but that seems to be a feasible option given our current state of government. I would like to see criminals actually punished for crimes and a justice system that works. I htink that would help tremendously.

stop putting the blame on other things aside from crazy

people commit violence, and no one should blame anything else but those evil bastards

IMO---I don't think anything will stop rampage killings. If all guns were banned these nutcases will use hammers, axes, knives whatever they choose as a weapon. Some nutcases thrive on the attention they receive from the media when they do a senseless act and show no remorse. Banning weapons is NOT the answer. Banning idiots from obtaining weapons is NOT the answer for one day this idiot could very well save your life. Banning the sale of ammo is NOT the answer.

I say arm every American Citizen over the age of 18 that want to be armed and provide the proper training. Open or conceal carry anywhere and everywhere. The crime rate will go down eventually. There will be more shootings and killings in the beginning because of the stupid criminals trying to rob armed citizens, but that would be getting rid of the worst trash to begin with. Most of all, everybody will feel safer and nutcases will at least think twice about doing something really stupid like rampage killings. Nothing will stop it completely, but I feel that this would at least slow it down.

Yeah, this is a great point. I think its Sweden that does this, and there is a large amount of mandatory training. I think this is an awesome. idea. Not necessarily forcing people to own guns, but if you are going to be a gun owner, having free training on the function, use, and laws of firearms would be leaps and bounds in the right direction.

Back
Top Bottom