• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What Broadhead do you use?

Original slick trick magnum and rage hypodermic. I have shot seveal with with g5 tekin expandables. Switched to hypodermic for no reason other to try something different. Killed one last year with the hypo. Worked great. I tend to carry both slick trick and hypo in my quiver. If it is real windy or if i think i miht get a long shot, i use the hypo. If it is calm and my shot opportinuty is generally short, i go slick trick. Its weird, but thats what i do.

I've got a few spitfires in the box of stuff I got with my excal' but never used them although they looked pretty wicked just staring up at me.
I might have to sacrifice one and see how they fly......especially after seeing that awesome blood trail pic.....I know.....shot placement is everything.

My problem with the spitfires is they have to be really sharp. Fly great to POA but I lost two deer over the past couple of years. Initial good blood trail then it dries up. Other times with brand new blades full pass thru lots of blood and dead within less than 75 yds using crossbow. All shots were within 30 yds.

Muzzy three blade 125 grain. They have never let me down. Ive had other brands let me down. Can't beat these for the money and they are made locally in Catersville.

My problem with the spitfires is they have to be really sharp. Fly great to POA but I lost two deer over the past couple of years. Initial good blood trail then it dries up. Other times with brand new blades full pass thru lots of blood and dead within less than 75 yds using crossbow. All shots were within 30 yds.
Odd, I've never had a problem when I hit where I should. I shoot 6-7 deer with them every year. Broadheads are like anything else though, pick something you like and stay with it. Good luck this season.

I've got a few spitfires in the box of stuff I got with my excal' but never used them although they looked pretty wicked just staring up at me.
I might have to sacrifice one and see how they fly......especially after seeing that awesome blood trail pic.....I know.....shot placement is everything.
I won't shoot anything else out of my Excalibur, them puppies are wicked with a lung shot.

Odd, I've never had a problem when I hit where I should. I shoot 6-7 deer with them every year. Broadheads are like anything else though, pick something you like and stay with it. Good luck this season.

I agree. It's about practice. If you hit a deer in the right spot it's going to die. This is assuming you are using a quality product and don't hit a shoulder that's tucked back. I had a bad shot on the biggest buck of my life because I got caught up in the moment and didn't think about how he was standing. Man I learned my lesson that day. Another time I lost a deer I was using cheap Walmart mechanicals. I would stay away from those as well but any mainstream brand should do the job if you hit a deer in the vitals.

Back
Top Bottom