• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What are some good powders for lead 9mm, 38 spl and 45ACP

sold7

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
124   0
Reaction score
Current times I may need to shoot more lead and less jacketed

I can find plenty of lead bullets but not many jacketed. So I ordered 500 9, 38 and 45s to give them a try

All my load history, data, and powders are for Jacketed and a little hot and fast for lead. Clays for 45 and Titegroup for 38 and 9mm

I would like some suggestions for good powders for 9mm, 38 spl and 45ACP lead. I hope some of you guys have a history with the lead loads.

I have some of the following powders on hand. The Clays seems to be to hot and too fast

Bulleye
W231
Titegroup
AutoComp
Clays

Guns are 1911's , Sigs, SW 625 abd Ruger G100 so no barrel issues but my HK45CT and I will run FMJ in it

Thanks for any help

There may be better powder for particular calibers but in my opinion, the Bullseye is the most versatile for all the calibers you mentioned plus many others. DB
Send me an email address and I will scan some loads in those calibers for lead bullets and send to you.

There may be better powder for particular calibers but in my opinion, the Bullseye is the most versatile for all the calibers you mentioned plus many others. DB
Send me an email address and I will scan some loads in those calibers for lead bullets and send to you.

thanks e-mail sent in PM thanks for the help with the loads.

(For all those that are concerned I will check any load data I receive with the manufacturer's recommendations and other load manuals before blindly loading and shooting them. Yes I appreciate your concern can't be too safe playing with things that blow up)

If you can find one of the older Lyman's manuals you will find some good load for lead bullets. All cast bullets should be hard cast, aleast the one I have bought.

I use Win 231 for some loads but like Unique better and 2400 for some. I like to fill the case more than what bullseye and 231 does. Also Bullseye and 231 are pretty dirty.

Back
Top Bottom