• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Wet Fire?

Tex06

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
9   0
Reaction score
I keep seeing references to "wet" and "dry" firing of suppressors. Does anyone here wet fire and if so does it really make a difference? Anything to look out for? I've seen water and water based gels (like wire lube for electricians) mentioned as working fairly well. Will doing this affect the life of a modern suppressor?

It does make a difference. I don't do it with mine because I'm picky about the care of them but I've seen others do it and it makes a significant difference in sound.

It does make a difference but just wait till winter gets here, shooting outside in 30degrees is same thing as shooting wet. We had some suppressor shooting today and outside was pretty cold and I noticed a big difference.

Is the difference in sound just caused by the difference in temperature in the can? Because if so a lighter can would heat up faster (and be louder) than a heavier can (more mass, longer to heat up, stays quieter longer), correct?

I wonder if dipping a suppressor in water and lightly shaking it off and pop it into the freezer to freeze... }:) of course remove the booster assembly before the freezing part...

I wonder if dipping a suppressor in water and lightly shaking it off and pop it into the freezer to freeze... }:) of course remove the booster assembly before the freezing part...

Even it you froze it , after 4 or 5 shots it would be heated enough to melt. Just put 5cc of water in there and call it a day. you heard my scorpion suppressed fired wet. It does help a lot.

The water also provides additional turbulence which slows down the gas. I think that is more of a factor in the quietness than the temp change due to added water.

Be sure to clean it out/put some CLP in it after wet firing. My Multi mount was so corroded it took a vice and LOTS of force to remove the booster after I forgot to clean it after using wire pulling gel, which is water based.

Even it you froze it , after 4 or 5 shots it would be heated enough to melt. Just put 5cc of water in there and call it a day. you heard my scorpion suppressed fired wet. It does help a lot.

Oh yeah it does! Did you dip my TiRant too? When I was cleaning it, I could tell there some water in there because the end didn't dry up all the way. It sure was messy but it was ALOT easier to clean. I'm going to dip it in water before I open and clean.

Back
Top Bottom