• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

West Point

Tim noTebow

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
16   0
Reaction score
First year bow hunter and only have access to public land. I hunted Joe Kurz as it’s the closest to me with no success but they are now closed for deer season. Thinking of heading to West Point this week to get some hunting in but I’d be going in blind. Anybody here had/have any success at West Point? Trying to see if it’s worth the hour + drive or if I should target a different WMA.

If you want a Corps hunting permit it’s over the phone only right now. Don’t waste your time driving to the office. West Point WMA is fine. Corps land is harder to access.

I’ve hunted Corps of engineers in Lagrange for years... haven’t been in 3 seasons since I moved but if you know which pockets to hunt it’s pretty nice and remote.

Otherwise be prepared to set up and see 6 or so fellows wandering around... hahaha

The main WMA is not open for hunting right now. You still have the Dixie creek and Glover's tract if you want to go bow only. Plenty of access via COE land ,but most will require a boat.

The main WMA is not open for hunting right now. You still have the Dixie creek and Glover's tract if you want to go bow only. Plenty of access via COE land ,but most will require a boat.
I was just on OnX scouting those spots out. Have you ever had any success from those areas? Trying to see if it'll be worth the drive or to focus my time in other areas

I was just on OnX scouting those spots out. Have you ever had any success from those areas? Trying to see if it'll be worth the drive or to focus my time in other areas

I've killed deer all around the lake. As far as Dixie vs. Glover's, Dixie gets much more pressure due to access. Glover's is going to require a ton of walking to get where you want to be.

Back
Top Bottom