Well Now The C word just came into my life

I know it has been a week but I am recovering good from all of this.
So this morning I looked on the patent portal at Emory and still no results from Pathology.
But just checked around 4 PM and well the results are in.
They removed a lot of skin around the original site and removed 3 lymph nodes.
The report said that all of the specimens are clear of Melanoma Cancer.
I am so Relieved and happy.
I will be talking to the Doctor for post op on Tuesday but I already know my results.
Thank you for all the prayers.
Great news. Had my appointment this week and Dr took two samples from my back on two moles. Just a precaution because they were just a little bigger than two years ago. also if I may add check your toenails and fingernails. If you have a straight brown or black colored line running from tip of nail to the bed area have a Dr look at it. It could just be toe fungus or more serious. It is rare only about 3 percent but melinoma can show up in the nails

So this morning I looked on the patent portal at Emory and still no results from Pathology.
I will be talking to the Doctor for post op on Tuesday but I already know my results.
Good news indeed.

Great news. Had my appointment this week and Dr took two samples from my back on two moles. Just a precaution because they were just a little bigger than two years ago. also if I may add check your toenails and fingernails. If you have a straight brown or black colored line running from tip of nail to the bed area have a Dr look at it. It could just be toe fungus or more serious. It is rare only about 3 percent but melinoma can show up in the nails
Guess what. Two moles checked one has cancer cells. Surgery in June to remove both moles. the cancerous one is very early and no spreading. Body scan every three months just because I have so many small ones. Everyone take this seriously and get checked. This is one of the few cancers that can be treated with just removing some skin if caught early enough. Don’t think because you don’t work outside or use lots of sun screen lotions that you are safe. Even I became lazy and haven’t been checked in three years. If you get a physical once a year see a dermatologist once a year. Do it for your family if nothing else

I haven't read the whole tread but saw this recently, may be worth a try?

Wow, great news! So glad to hear this!

It was my brief attempt at levity and humor… 28 year cancer survivor here…. Stay strong guys..
Congrats. We left the hospital at 9:30 tonight. My wife's dad had his spleen and 70% ish of his pancreas removed. He found out a couple weeks ago he has pancreas cancer. He starts chemo in 4 weeks

Back
Top Bottom