• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Weird encounter with a stranger in the Walmart parking lot

streetroc

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
DO NOT TOUCH THE TRIM!
53   0
Reaction score
I stopped by Walmart to pick up some groceries on my way home from the gym this morning. I parked my car and walked over to the shopping cart corral in the parking lot to grab a cart. Suddenly a man gets out of a white Ford Transit van that's parked next to the carts and well...this happened.

Stranger: You can leave that right there!

Me: What?

Stranger: You can come over here looking angry all you want but if you made better lifestyle choices you could be driving a 15 passenger van like me!

Me: ........huh???

Stranger: You're looking really angry but I'm just saying if you made better lifestyle choices you could have a van like me!

Me: *visibly annoyed* I didn't say anything to you. I don't want any trouble with you.

Stranger: *smiles and puts his hand on my shoulder* Haha I'm just joking you look like you probably have a really nice car...

Me: Why are you touching me?!

Stranger: *takes his hand off my shoulder and steps back*. It was just a joke...

Me: .....have a nice day.

Now to be honest I feel a little guilty. I've been told that I look mean and angry a lot. I guess I just have resting b**** face. The guy was a well-dressed white guy probably in his early 40s. I don't think he meant anything offensive by it. I think he thought I was having a bad day and was just trying to joke around to make me laugh. However it really caught me off guard and I was not very polite to him. I know I have nothing to feel guilty about because I mean who the hell walks up to a stranger in a Walmart parking lot and puts their hand on them? The guy wasn't threatening but it was just a really strange situation and not one that I knew how to react to. Now I'm going to spend the rest of the day weirded out and feeling bad for not showing kindness to a stranger who made a very poorly executed attempt to be nice to another stranger.

He probably was harmless but joking around like that is usually done after you've introduced yourself. He's probably socially retarded and got it backwards.

Here in Toccoa if that happens, it's probably someone looking to shake you down for drugs or sell you tamales.

I stopped by Walmart to pick up some groceries on my way home from the gym this morning. I parked my car and walked over to the shopping cart corral in the parking lot to grab a cart. Suddenly a man gets out of a white Ford Transit van that's parked next to the carts and well...this happened.

Stranger: You can come over here looking angry all you want but if you made better lifestyle choices you could be driving a 15 passenger van like me!

Stranger: You're looking really angry but I'm just saying if you made better lifestyle choices you could have a van like me!

Me: *visibly annoyed* I didn't say anything to you. I don't want any trouble with you.

Stranger: *smiles and puts his hand on my shoulder* Haha I'm just joking you look like you probably have a really nice car...

Stranger: *takes his hand off my shoulder and steps back*. It was just a joke...

Now to be honest I feel a little guilty. I've been told that I look mean and angry a lot. I guess I just have resting b**** face. The guy was a well-dressed white guy probably in his early 40s. I don't think he meant anything offensive by it. I think he thought I was having a bad day and was just trying to joke around to make me laugh. However it really caught me off guard and I was not very polite to him. I know I have nothing to feel guilty about because I mean who the hell walks up to a stranger in a Walmart parking lot and puts their hand on them? The guy wasn't threatening but it was just a really strange situation and not one that I knew how to react to. Now I'm going to spend the rest of the day weirded out and feeling bad for not showing kindness to a stranger who made a very poorly executed attempt to be nice to another stranger.

Don't beat yourself up over this. Most prople would have the same reaction given the times we're living in. Say a prayer ask for wisdom and guidance then than the Lord he wasn't there to distract you from 2 or 3 guys hiding waiting to jump you.

The last time someone put their hand on my shoulder, I tied them up in a knot. He figured out real quick he made a bad decision. Course he was in a group of 3 or 4 people and acting aggressive.
Remember that things can go south in a split second.

When I was in my early 20s Me and captdave77 captdave77 were out at a bar grabbing drinks and some dude walks over and puts his hands on both of our shoulders and says "How would ya'll like a juicy steak." It was all I could do to keep from punching the dude in the face. He was clearly a queer so me and Dave just looked at each other and simultaneously said no thanks. Then the SOB kept following us around the bar until we finally had enough and left.

Yeah, people are weird that's for damn sure.

Back
Top Bottom