• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Wasn't expecting this... Smith jumps into lever actions.

I'm not going to bet my life on it. I got an email from them this morning that had a lot of info, I read in the link that Marlin 1894 wood fits it. Same on the scope mounts. I just went through the email and every link went to shop now instead of the information that I read earlier. Someone might have got their fingers slapped real quick for mentioning that.
That would actually be really smart of Smith to do. There's already a huge marketplace of stocks and sights for the Marlins, so if they fit that would be a big win.

Its gonna be a limited run for the first year of production. Might be worth a couple million for your great grand kids in 100 yrs. I'm sure they will make a plywood stock soon enough.

^^^ This... it's a special edition from what I saw, aimed at collectors. I'd expect the blued/wood versions to be about the same price as the equivalent Marlins.

Plastic?!?! eeew!!!
If you use this outside the plastic is probably a lot more useful than wood, even if it looks a little 'tactical'.

Like this...............

Volcanic.jpg

I usually like traditional lever rifles but I don't hate this one even with the polymer, for once someone added a few modern features to a lever rifle that didn't make it look like tactical Timmy built it.

I would probably rather this polymer stainless one bounce around in the truck/ATV/Camper and get rained on while exploring the mountains than a nice wood stock Marlin or Winchester.

Now I just have to wait till someone buys one so I can get it $400 more than MSRP....

I'd probably hold out for one of these. For when I win the lottery. This kind of money for a lever action is kinda crazy.

Back
Top Bottom