Wanting to bow hunt

Go to a BOW SHOP!!! Get a bow that actually fits YOU. There are many good deals from private sellers also but make sure yiu know your draw length and ability to oull. Once thats determined verify the used bow will fit thoae parameters. Have bow checked by a pro, many good bowa for sale many more crap bows for sale. I get a steady stream of latter everyday who thought they got a deal and basically got a problem. Im not lookin to sell youa bow i wont even tell you were im at, what im saying is have someone who really knows help you make a good choice cause i want your first archery exp to be a good one. Only buy it at a retailer if they have a pro on hand to adjust bow to fit you and allow you to shoot it etc..
agree 100% Passdaboolits !

I want to start bow hunting, but don't know much about equipment and necessities. What would be a good starter bow setup for hunting deer and pigs. I want something that will get me through a season or 2, and would be a plus if when I decide to upgrade I don't take a huge hit. Thanks for any info you guys have for a total newb bow hunter.

if your wanting something to get through a couple season to see if it is for you, i would probably go for one of the martin bows. they are good quality bows, at an affordable price. brand new martins can be had on ebay in the $300-$350 range, and they are good stuff.

just whatever you do, dont shop for a bow here on the ODT. the prices here are just absolutely ****ing insane. alot of the stuff you see here you can save a good deal of money just going to an even high priced dealer and buying it new.

http://www.huntersfriend.com/2012_PSE_Stinger_3G/best_compound_bow_for_the_money.htm

Here you go. The complete package for one great price. I will be getting this one myself come tax season...

seems like a good deal, id have to shoot one to see how much they over exaggerated things in the video though. some things about that promo video on there just dont jive, like when the did the slow motion comparison to the other bow, showing off oscillation of the string and limbs. of course the other bow is gonna oscillate more, the pse has a string stop and the other one didnt.

A lot of good bows out there. More important than the brand is making sure you get it properly set up for you. That means a shop of some kind or a good friend who can press a bow and make adjustments for you.

Back
Top Bottom