• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Want to learn how to ride a motorcycle

It's a love hate relationship. I enjoyed riding but people dont give a sheht about you. They will cut you off in a heartbeat. If youre doing 60+ down a 2 lane road pray a deer doesnt decide to cross. If youre on a spur of the moment trip hope you dont run into a freak monsoon. Theres nothing like freedom you feel driving a bike but as much as I like them, Id rather have the safety of a car, air condition, a roof and the comfort. If you want to feel your azz vibrate for 10 minutes after a 2 hour drive then a bike is for you.

As far as tips. I suggest a mid range bike. 600cc smaller and you will outgrow it quickly and larger is pointless nothing over 750 Both have enough power to plant you permanently.

I kinda like this Jakusa V Max But it ain't for beginners
ymax-jakusa-designs-2019-yamaha-vmax-concept.jpg
V max use to be my dream machine. Wanted one so bad but to much cash and motorcycle for me.
had a crush on Ducati for awhile as well.

Next suggestion is buy a HONDA. Not sure now but in the past dealerships were way more common meaning it was easier to get serviced. You also need to decide if you want to sit or laydown, cruiser or rice rocket.
IMHO this is what you should buy if you want new.
https://powersports.honda.com/street/standard/cb650r

As far as tips. I suggest a mid range bike. 600cc smaller and you will outgrow it quickly and larger is pointless nothing over 750 Both have enough power to plant you permanently.

This. A 600cc supersport class bike is more than enough to satisfy your need for speed. I highly recommend the Honda CBR series. Definitely the most comfortable crotch rockets that I have ever ridden. You can get the earlier 600 F4s and F4i's for around $2k and that would be a great starter bike.

And don't make the mistake of thinking that a 600 isn't enough. They will easily top 150mph and can carry some pretty impressive wheelies once you get the hang of it

This. A 600cc supersport class bike is more than enough to satisfy your need for speed. I highly recommend the Honda CBR series. Definitely the most comfortable crotch rockets that I have ever ridden. You can get the earlier 600 F4s and F4i's for around $2k and that would be a great starter bike.

And don't make the mistake of thinking that a 600 isn't enough. They will easily top 150mph and can carry some pretty impressive wheelies once you get the hang of it
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom