• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Want to learn how to ride a motorcycle

It's a joke that's been going on since before the world wide interwebz was invented.

Don't you remember when you passed the note to the cute girl in school, and you checked you liked her, but your friend intercepted it and changed it to you're ghey? :confused2:
been here a little over a year.

I took the riders academy thing at Harley Davidson ( never rode a bike ever ) and left the three day class feeling 100% confident to get on the road and ride

Dude, don't ride on the street. Its just too dangerous. I've been in love with motorcycles since I was a kid and I absolutely love riding. I've just had too many people almost kill me and I have given up street riding for good. A lady even rear ended me at 40mph while I was sitting still and broke my back in two places. Besides if you want a sportbike you will never be able to really enjoy it on the street.

Learn on a dirtbike first. I just picked up a decent Honda XR200 on craigslist for less than $1000 a few weeks ago. You'll have more than enough fun with that for a while and when you get the hang of shifting and braking you can skip the 250s and 400s and go right to a 600cc supersport and start doing track days. Then you can really explore the limits of the bike and hit 150mph without fear of getting killed by some idiot texting and driving. (you also won't have to worry about the georgia state patrol that way. they don't take kindly to people having fun on sportbikes)

And before anyone calls me overly paranoid for not wanting to ride on the street keep in mind that one of my biggest bucket list items is to do an amateur race at the Isle of Man someday. I'll take racing on closed public roads next to stone walls and telephone poles over Atlanta traffic any day. Other drivers really are that dangerous

zzKXL79.gif

Back
Top Bottom