• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Walther PK380 Extractor Major Problem Fixed

WMSproject

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
42   0
Reaction score
I have an update on the Walther PK 380 I bought my wife. After the first round of test fires I was showing my wife how to manually cycle unfired rounds by working the slide. Wouldn't you know it, it would not eject the rounds. The extractor would pull the rounds out of the chamber about a half inch and then let go of the round.

I looked up "PK380 extractor" on YouTube and found a video or two that explained In detail a problem with a poorly designed extractor. It wouldn't even apply pressure against the case. There was an actual gap. I have never heard of such. The video talked about having to send it back to S&W-Walther and wait 5 weeks. I thought that was ridiculous.

I decided to try to fix it myself. I removed the extractor and SLOWLY filed off some of the excess metal on the inside of the extractor arm. I didn't remove too much at a time. It took three times to make sure I didn't remove too much at once. I don't have a picture but I removed some of the steel from the flat section between the pin hole and the hook on the inside of the extractor. Be careful. You can probably remove too much.

I figured that I removed too much and screwed it up I could just order a new extractor from S&W. That would most suredly be faster than 5 weeks.

The result was a fully functioning extractor. I think I will contact S&W and see if they have a re-designed extractor that I can buy just in case I ever need to sent the pistol in for repairs. I don't want them to deny the warranty because of my fix.

Back
Top Bottom