• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Walmart hunting rifle closeouts.

1CB48C54-AF49-4E05-88EC-1CCA9677A573.jpeg
Found one.

Went yesterday to Rockmart Walmart. Was told they had sold out. Went back today and was talking to a different guy in the sporting goods section. He told me to let him check the computer. Told me they had two wood stocks and two synthetics in stock in the back. I asked to see a wooden one in 243. He brought it out and stated that I didn’t want that one. The stock had no finish applied to it and the checkering on the forearm was very light colored compared to the rest. He then took that one back and brought out another. Beautiful stock with the black tip forearm. Bought it for 349 plus tax. If anybody wants the synthetics they were there an hour ago. Don’t know the caliber they are in

Went yesterday to Rockmart Walmart. Was told they had sold out. Went back today and was talking to a different guy in the sporting goods section. He told me to let him check the computer. Told me they had two wood stocks and two synthetics in stock in the back. I asked to see a wooden one in 243. He brought it out and stated that I didn’t want that one. The stock had no finish applied to it and the checkering on the forearm was very light colored compared to the rest. He then took that one back and brought out another. Beautiful stock with the black tip forearm. Bought it for 349 plus tax. If anybody wants the synthetics they were there an hour ago. Don’t know the caliber they are in
Wow. I know it's just a pic but the tiger striping in that stock looks like you scored a really nice one! Well done.

Report from Loganville....

They had several guns in the case. All had regular tags except the Muddy Girl rifle. It had a $299 “clearance” tag, but actually scanned at $199.

I had the guy scan EVERY GUN in the case. All the tags were correct except the Muddy Girl and the Vanguard .308 synthetic. The tag said $458, but it scanned at $249.

Neither the 870 or the 535 were discounted.

I told the guy I was kinda on the fence about the Vanguard 308. I don’t really NEED it, but it is a great deal. He told me it didn’t matter anyway because their computer is down and they can’t sell any guns right now.

Decision made for me! LOL

It’s still there if somebody wants it. I’d call first and make sure the computer is back up before you make the trip though.

DED41162-60B6-4635-8711-C38A08234F18.jpeg
4D33A3CD-983A-41E3-8F8F-C3BC07497522.jpeg
19366E5B-A8CE-4608-8F2C-D0BD78B4152B.jpeg
D28A3051-DEBF-46A4-B05F-6D36C85DC264.jpeg
A67B9E9C-B4A5-477E-B40C-B16B736225CA.jpeg

Wow. I know it's just a pic but the tiger striping in that stock looks like you scored a really nice one! Well done.
Thank you. The tiger stripes looks really good. I told myself I am so tired of plastic or Camo stocks, the next one would be wood. The only other wood stock rifle I have owned was a 700 bdl that I bought in 1976. That rifle also had a nice stock.

Back
Top Bottom