• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Walmart has Remington 770 and Savage Axis for $170-190.00

I just picked up a Savage 30-06 and 270 in Hiram, but they didn't come with a scope.
The Savage I bought for $170 did not have an optic but the Remington for $190 did. Having said that, the Remington 770 feels sloppy in comparison to the Savage, the bolt is choppy and not smooth, stock feels cheap and trigger feels like I am sliding my finger across the Sahara whereas the Savage feels like a $300 gun. I would say, you got the better deal, even though you missed out on the cheap china scope lol

The Savage I bought for $170 did not have an optic but the Remington for $190 did. Having said that, the Remington 770 feels sloppy in comparison to the Savage, the bolt is choppy and not smooth, stock feels cheap and trigger feels like I am sliding my finger across the Sahara whereas the Savage feels like a $300 gun. I would say, you got the better deal, even though you missed out on the cheap china scope lol

They had a 770 in 7mm, but I was not interested.

I don't hunt, but my oldest son does. When he gets home from Alaska, I will give him the option of 1 of them. Then I can flip the other one for $500 on here.:D

Are the 770s a decent gun, I would be using it as mostly a rage gun... the only caliber avaliable was 300wm.
Would you guys buy one in a magnum caliber or stay away?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom