Walk-in vault/gun room ideas

ReservoirDawg10

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
407   1
Reaction score
Moving in the next few weeks and the new house has a room perfect to turn into a walk-in vault. Have a wall that will need reinforced and will put in a vault door, but really looking for ideas. Planning on using the metal slat wall from Lowes for hanging up guns and such, but certainly open to ideas. Will also my reloading set-up in here as well. About a 12x14 room. In for your ideas and to see some similar set-ups

Put a Murphy door in front of your vault door if you can.
That's the plan. Just gotta figure out how to do it. If I can get one in, someone would really need to know the layout of the home to realize that there is a room behind it.

Attachments

• 20210531_211450.jpg
    20210531_211450.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 204
If you are building a home you can use the area under the front porch, if the front porch is a poured slab, for an incredable walk in vault/storm shelter. All four walls as well as the roof are poured concrete. I suggested it to one of my buddies and it is perfect. Unfortunately he passed away before he got to use it for his vault.

Good luck. There are tons of suggestions on line. Some are very simple while others require an engineering degree.

That's the plan. Just gotta figure out how to do it. If I can get one in, someone would really need to know the layout of the home to realize that there is a room behind it.

I'm glad you didn't post a photo of where it is going to be:doh:... security breach... :)

I had the same idea then sold all of my guns to fund the vault then realized that I no longer need a vault……..doh
I do like the underneath front porch all walls and ceiling poured / reinforced concrete.

Back
Top Bottom