Wal mart in Commerce goin to sale guns

The only thing I will not use "big box" stores for is hardware(except lumber), small engine repair, landscaping, and feed/pets....but for groceries, hunting, firearms, etc...it's where ever I can afford....

Does anyone miss Oakwood Sportsman's Lodge??? Down the road a tad from Wal Mart. That place was great! Firing range was awesome! Just didn't understand the overstock in Elk, Moose, etc... hunting equipment. I use to go to the $5 all you can shoot archery range! Loved it and now miss it. Seems like NE Ga. is dotted with stores catered to completely different interest. I must say that Georgia Gun Store has impressed me. Although small, lots of accessories...and Outdoor Depot has a little bit of everything....I like Franklins, Clydes, and Trigger Time...I like them all because there is something in each....but when it comes to a need or quick grab...I go to Wally World....when I lived on the southside I only went to Ed's, Army Navy(Forest Park and Stockbridge)....I really don't have a favorite as a whole...I like them all for what need I need....does that even make sense???

If i buy new pistol/rifle i got to athens Academy store first , if they don't have it and can't get it i start looking elsewhere. Sometimes you can get a good used rifle at Franklins , i wouldn't buy new there but would buy used. I try not to buy online new , by the time it gets shipped and sent to an ffl it's not any cheaper.

There's a new Academy in Snellville. I went last weekend. Wasn't terribly impressed, to be honest.

No joke. I went to check it out one day and they had 250 rd UMC boxes for 51.99. Slept on it, went back the next day to grab a few and they had jacked it up to high 50's.

Does anyone miss Oakwood Sportsman's Lodge??? Down the road a tad from Wal Mart. That place was great! Firing range was awesome! Just didn't understand the overstock in Elk, Moose, etc... hunting equipment. I use to go to the $5 all you can shoot archery range! Loved it and now miss it. Seems like NE Ga. is dotted with stores catered to completely different interest. I must say that Georgia Gun Store has impressed me. Although small, lots of accessories...and Outdoor Depot has a little bit of everything....I like Franklins, Clydes, and Trigger Time...I like them all because there is something in each....but when it comes to a need or quick grab...I go to Wally World....when I lived on the southside I only went to Ed's, Army Navy(Forest Park and Stockbridge)....I really don't have a favorite as a whole...I like them all for what need I need....does that even make sense???

Sportsman's Lodge is only a couple miles from my house. It was only open for a little while after I moved up here.. That was my favorite range for a short time. Lately, I've been shooting at Cedar Creek or Trigger Time. Cedar Creek is almost within walking distance from my house.

Back
Top Bottom