• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

VZ2008 Century Made VZ58 clone.

Spartan07

Default rank <3500 posts Lifetime Supporter
Just some dude
172   0
Reaction score
I just picked this up in trade this afternoon, and haven't got a chance to shoot it.

It is beautiful. Tight, and the parts look new.
Neat design.
Sights aren't canted.
Light as hell, lighter than a stamped ak.

Has a slant muzzle break which I'm not too sure came on the VZ58. Looks to be like an AK slant MB, but has proper (not reversed) threading.

Easy to field strip.
Handguards are in great shape.
Ergonomics are spot on.
Not many parts to go bad.
Short stroke pistons rule.
Bayo lug (got a bayo orded just in case I have to roast a squirrel over a sterno)

This is a NICE gun. I am very impressed by the fit and finish. I absolutely can not wait to shoot it. It is SMALL. Skinny little f*&%r.

I would not hesitate to get another one.
Only thing is that it is parkerized..not the cool gray paint. Not a problem with me, I can always cerekote over the park if I want to.
The markings on the side, century, model number etc are unobtrusive and inconspicuous.
They did good with this one...it is AWESOME and pretty cheap as of today.
I'll be back with a range report.
GET ONE.

mms_picture.jpgmms_picture_1.jpgmms_picture_2.jpg

Did the ol' paracord wrap. Feels better.

I'm tickled schmitless over this one.

Bought one of these a couple of years ago, didn't do much shooting due the crappy design of the folding stock, I'm sure the designer was executed after the firing test. Wood stocks are high dollar and the original stocks aren't much better than the folders.. Storm Werkz makes an adapter that uses AR Stocks and since I have so "Many " AR parts laying around, thought I'd give it try, quick shipping, about 5 minutes to line everything up and Bingo, a decent stock that's comfortable, cheap and so many choices of AR Stocks. Added a FAB Pistol grip, changed the muzzle break out and you have a very light weight, accurate 7.62X39.. A test run on my range and the shot pattern has tighten by 100% due to a better shooting position and without that metal folder digging into my shoulder..
vz 2008.jpg

Loved my VZ 58's.... Wish I still had them...
There was someone on ODT making nice little aluminum shields to go in the fore grip...
These were great at reducing the heat on that handle after shooting a couple mags...

^ Agreed!. Hell, I will be nice and offer one for $1500 and might even include more than 1 mag!

Seriously though, I consider these (at the $350-500 price point) to be diamonds in the rough.

Back
Top Bottom