Vinyl Boat Seats and Mildew

davans

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
Airborne Infantry
76   0
Reaction score
i need a little help. We pulled our Supra boat out of the boathouse and pulled it home during the draw down at Sinclair. It is a new, quite expensive boat. Put the cover on it and parked it in the yard. Went to air it out and get it ready to winterize a few weeks ago and found mildew growing on the seats. It is not cleaning up with our normal cleaners.
Does anyone know what we can use to clean it up without destroying the seats?

mms_businesswire_com_bwapps_mediaserver_ViewMedia_d5d62224b294b76bfec4b8fb4103f9d5._.jpg

Remove the seats if possible. Rinse with clean water, then scrub with baking soda. Then rinse/scrub with a 50/50 mix of white vinegar and water. Let air dry in the sun.
DO NOT USE BLEACH! Bleach is a base and will damage the vinyl

Remove the seats if possible. Rinse with clean water, then scrub with baking soda. Then rinse/scrub with a 50/50 mix of white vinegar and water. Let air dry in the sun.
DO NOT USE BLEACH! Bleach is a base and will damage the vinyl

We tried a baking soda / vinegar mix with poor results. I'll give it another try and follow up with the 50/50 mix. Thanks for the advise.

I've fought that battle and lost. There's a couple of cleaners from the likes of boat US that work on light mildew, but basically once it's in there deep you're pretty much done.

Back
Top Bottom