• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Victory!

RSBrown

Default rank <200 posts Supporter
Hunter
5   0
Reaction score
Well almost, got to send some down range for a total victory, BUT - I have loaded my first .308 rounds!

Six weeks of figuring stuff out, spending a bunch of money that has my wife really upset, and a lot of YouTube video watching, I seated bullets last night.

But I want to REALLY thank ODT folks for their generosity (pandemic prices or not), technical guidance, and offers to help if I have any questions! Not going to name names, but I have met 5 members for supply pick up and in every case the conversation was worth more than I paid for supplies.

I am hooked and excited, almost feel like I know 10% of what I should, thanks ODT

Well almost, got to send some down range for a total victory, BUT - I have loaded my first .308 rounds!

Six weeks of figuring stuff out, spending a bunch of money that has my wife really upset, and a lot of YouTube video watching, I seated bullets last night.

But I want to REALLY thank ODT folks for their generosity (pandemic prices or not), technical guidance, and offers to help if I have any questions! Not going to name names, but I have met 5 members for supply pick up and in every case the conversation was worth more than I paid for supplies.

I am hooked and excited, almost feel like I know 10% of what I should, thanks ODT
Congratulations! I hope they go bang at the appropriate time.

Awesome! I’m still fairly new at it myself. It’s a rabbit hole that never ends ha ha! At least you don’t have to wonder if the store has any on the shelf now!

Congrats! Loaded my first group of 308 on 3/08/2020 ironically enough. Will never buy commercial ammo if I can help it now

Attachments

• A24662BA-B049-4164-A625-46CF4FF1A09D.jpeg
    A24662BA-B049-4164-A625-46CF4FF1A09D.jpeg
    52.3 KB · Views: 11
Well, haven't made it to the range to try my .308 and want to test before I load more. So, today I am loading 130g Berger Hybrid Tactical and, well, glad I bought a bullet puller as I was seriously under length and made a really unique mushroom shouldered round :).

So I pulled all ten, recycled the powder, my big question is can I reuse the bullets? I can make sure the brass is good, but the bullets did have collet marks (not gouges).

Oh well, only my 132nd mistake so far...

I said a prayer before my first round.

Congrats and welcome to the world of pretending that you'll save money shooting reloads. You'll only shoot more for the same amount of money!

Hey may or may not save money. But he'll have access to ammo that us non-loaders don't because we don't want to pay these crazy prices. I personally can't take out a reverse mortgage to go to the range. Well...I could...hhmm...

Well, haven't made it to the range to try my .308 and want to test before I load more. So, today I am loading 130g Berger Hybrid Tactical and, well, glad I bought a bullet puller as I was seriously under length and made a really unique mushroom shouldered round :).

So I pulled all ten, recycled the powder, my big question is can I reuse the bullets? I can make sure the brass is good, but the bullets did have collet marks (not gouges).

Oh well, only my 132nd mistake so far...

Yeah, you should be good to reseat those pulled bullets. no real risk or reusing the bullets as long as there aren't raised surfaces. Plenty of cheap bullets for sale are pulled bullets.

Back
Top Bottom