• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

VersaCarry Question

KassenKlamber

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
1   0
Reaction score
I just got three VersaCarry in the mail today. The instructions state not to carry with a round chambered nor cocked and locked. I'm very adept at draw and rack, but really, is it that unsafe (especially for 1911s)? Opinions, advice?

There is no way that you could get to me carry a gun with an obstruction in the barrel ..... that in itself is not safe to me.

TY b.a.customkydex. Of course, it does not stay in the barrel when I draw, but it could break off or come loose. Do you make something that would be better/safer but still good for deep concealment?

You gotta use what you feel comfortable with. I personally don't like IWB holsters. simply a comfort issue with me. Good luck with it.

I like the simplicity. I wear three layers of clothes (undershirt, over shirt, and an apron). It gets really hot and, by the end of a shift, a leather holster is soaked. I find plastic holsters uncomfortable and bulky, so I figured I'd give this a try. OWB is not an option as I have to change my over shirt at work and it would become exposed which is a no-no.

You can actually shoot a 'stuck' in the barrel VersaCarry right out on the first shot....IF....that should ever be required, which is rather highly unlikely. The fears regarding such are rather unfounded. This holster works quite well. I just cant get comfortable with any IWB setup. I have one of these for a small 9 mm etc but need to find someone that wants it.

I just got three VersaCarry in the mail today. The instructions state not to carry with a round chambered nor cocked and locked. I'm very adept at draw and rack, but really, is it that unsafe (especially for 1911s)? Opinions, advice?

As to this question....their recommendation/instructions are merely a CYOA legal move. No one is really expected to carry a concealed weapon without one in the chamber. The biggest risk with a VersaCarry IMO is using it without the trigger guard.

Back
Top Bottom