• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Vehicle guns, how many have them and leave them in the vehicle

Do you have assigned car/truck/boat/camper guns in your vehicles, and leave em in

• Yes,

Votes: 43 33.9%
  • No

Votes: 46 36.2%
  • I live in a big crime ridden city so I cannot

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • No I do not believe in it, too dangerous

Votes: 16 12.6%
  • Tacos

Votes: 20 15.7%

• Total voters
Nope. Never as a general rule.

However, on our last cruise a couple of years ago I secured it under my driver's seat using a cable fed through the mag well and open slide to discourage any smash/grab kind of incident.

dollar notes in it. Thief ideally will take off with that.
Find out he/she got ten bucks later. Hopefully you will have moved
the vehicle by then. oh yeah, it also hel
The thieves around you must be much lazier. When my car was broken into they got into EVERYTHING and took any dumb thing that looked like it had value. Keep in mind nothing was visible. For those who are guns in the car team, why not just on your hip? I get it for a varmint rifle or MAYBE a rifle if you are rolling THROUGH a rough part of town but IMO anything left in the car is just a liability. Just stay home if it gets that bad you know?

Could leave an old wallet in console
I do the same and when walking anywhere in a city bigger than Cumming, I carry the decoy wallet with about $35 in it in small bills have fake ID with my pic on it and false address. Fake credit cards and what a robber would want to see, watch is a cheap Rolex knockoff, fake rings only the hidden 9 or 45 are real. Cell phone is as hidden as is the gun, they won't see it till it too late for em to get a good sideways hold on their gats. Not paranoid, just prepared,
vehicle pistols are Ruger P95's I bought for less than $200 each. Long guns when carried are Kel Tech Sub 2000's that use same mags as the pistols.
My Vehicles, my preferences, kinda like the vax,

I do the same and when walking anywhere in a city bigger than Cumming, I carry the decoy wallet with about $35 in it in small bills have fake ID with my pic on it and false address. Fake credit cards and what a robber would want to see, watch is a cheap Rolex knockoff, fake rings only the hidden 9 or 45 are real. Cell phone is as hidden as is the gun, they won't see it till it too late for em to get a good sideways hold on their gats. Not paranoid, just prepared,
vehicle pistols are Ruger P95's I bought for less than $200 each. Long guns when carried are Kel Tech Sub 2000's that use same mags as the pistols.

Why more pistols though if you have one on your hip?

Just wondering if how many folks, living in rural area that does leave them in, hidden of course, and cheap, but dependable guns JIC.
I usually leave a plugged barrel Hi Point on the floor as a decoy, if I do have to go inside 285 and park anywhere. they'd have to take time to find the vehicle guns.
How did you plug the Hi Point barrel? And is that intended to help catch/identify the thief when they get to the ER with a mangled dick beater?

See THAT was why I had a thread comparing my Ruger PC9 take down to the Sub 2000. Most guys said what I already thought which was the Ruger is better quality. But I already assumed that. My selling poi t was that the folding feature of the Sub 2K would be handier and HAS to be lighter than this take down Ruger. In fact when I saw this thread the Sub2K was the first model that came to my mind. If there was a way to secure it in the vehicle but have quick access to it then I think it's a nearly perfect choice.
Oh and BTW... I would not be posting comments about fake IDs even if it is just to fool robbers.

Depends... I always have a SUB 2000 in my GHB, but that's locked up in the trunk. Normally I also have a police trade-in G17 in the cab, but if I'm going someplace that's not secured I'll usually lock that in the trunk as well, or simply leave it home.

Sometimes I also have to leave the carry gun in the truck when I'm someplace where I can't carry. Again, it get's locked in the trunk unless it's just a quick run into the post office or something.

Back
Top Bottom