• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

valuable post - SHTF skills?

Hahaha! You really were having a heart attack and didn't even know it?!
@BangBang
Yep didn't know it.

None of the typical things like shortness of breath or left arm going numb
Saturday morning was the hospital.

Wednesday night I crashed early cause I was tired. Hour and a half later woke up with a sharp pain in my back between my shoulder blades.
(Felt like I had been stabbed! Checked the mirror, it wasn't the wife. lol) :becky:

Thought I moved wrong and pinched a nerve.
Got up cause it hurt and took 3 Advil after about an hour I felt better and crashed.
Worked Thursday
Worked Friday
Went to the range Saturday morning to check the zero on a gun. When it came time to leave I didn't feel up to walking to the 200 yard line to get my target but did it anyway.
(The 200 yard walk back was a tough one! I remember saying to myself, "You were a Marine Infantry
Sgt., you can't walk 200 yards c'mon."
(Told everybody later if they find me dead on the range I'm ok with that) :becky:

Went home, wife had a big breakfast ready.
Ate like 3 eggs, half a dozen pieces of bacon, 2 or 3 sliced of toast slathered in butter.
Realized after a few minutes I was hurting worse.
Asked the wife to drive me to the Chiropractor.
She drove, we got there and he's closed.
I'm feeling a mite pekid at this time, so I tell her to bring me to the Emergency room.
Walked in got stabbed hard and asked for help.

(Lesson learned - You NEVER want to be the most important person in the Emergency Room) :becky:
I realized I was way too important that day when the Doc called for the helicopter, lol.......
Never sick a day in my life and was 52 at the time!

I imagine this is the question you're playing devils advocate with;

Question: imgiane if your 8 year old daughter that you love more than anything that has her whole life ahead of her had diabetes and was out of insulin because all medicene production ceased 6months ago. So shes used all the stock you were able to get she will die without it but your 80 year old neighbor had the same condition but several units of insulin. What would you do? Watch your daughter die when you could have helped her?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'll see her later and we will be together for eternity, cause I'm not taking my old neighbors insulin!
There's right and there's wrong, there's a line I will not cross.

(And I'd bet most every 80 year old would offer it as soon as they knew it was needed.
Most 80 year old's have children, grand children and sometimes great grand children, this is not the type of person that wouldn't offer it.)

I know there's a God. I don't think there's a God, I know it for sure.
I've tried very hard to live right, I'd sure like to die right and not with my neighbors blood on my hands.
Life is just for a little while, eternity is forever.....

you seem like a very nice and honest guy. but i will like to remind you something, there's a God for sure. this world didn't comes to be because of a big band lols. you spoke of spending eternity with your loves ones. how do you know for sure that you will meet them again?, recognize them or them recognizing you? you cant just assume the same principle the guide use here will up there. the time you have with you loved ones here could really be all you get.

talking about the oldies. i have met quite a number of them that are cruel as they can be. they wont let go of a choclate bar to save a kid, they don't give a rats a^^ about anyone.

... Here's another ethical dilemma in a S.H.T.F. scenario:

... 10 children in the neighborhood are sick and will likely die without a certain medication.
You have none of that medication, and neither do any of these kids' parents or relatives.

The local drugstore is closed, and not open for business, but it has not been looted yet.

You KNOW that the necessary drugs are inside the store.

You and other community leaders have made contact with the store's owner, who says "LEAVE MY STORE ALONE-- I'LL OPEN IT IN A FEW WEEKS AND START SELLING DRUGS AT OUTRAGEOUSLY HIGH PRICES, milking this crisis for all I can get!" That's his right, as the business owner and the ONLY rightful owner over all the medications in the building.

However, most or all of those 10 sick kids will be dead in the next 48 hours. None will live long enough to wait for the store's owner to re-open the business.

QUESTION 1: DO YOU BREAK IN AND STEAL THE DRUGS so that you can distribute them to the sick kids?
Assume you could do this without hurting anybody, so you're just damaging property and stealing supplies.

QUESTION 2: Suppose there is a hired security guard at the drug store. You cannot get past him with persuasion, trickery, or non-lethal means. The only way to successfully get the drugs is to kill him in an ambush / sniper attack and then step over his corpse to get into the building.

Killing the security officer will save the lives of 10 innocent children.
Will you become a looter and murderer and contribute to the anarchy, for this noble purpose?
'

Yes i will break down the doors and distribute the drugs. will do it with no regrets.

I didn't go to Seminary & actually haven't even been to church in years, but I don't remember being taught that it's okay to commit a mortal sin as long as it's to keep someone you care about alive a little longer.
I also don't think I'd post on an open forum about what I would or wouldn't do to stay alive.
That said, I had to sell a lot of guns this past year after my work injury so I'm not as prepared as I once was, but if anyone wants to fight their way into Jonesboro and survives I will gladly hand over my single bucket of Wise food & half a case of bottled water to whoever shows up at my door....
Or will I? :hungry: my new motto might be 'Eat the weak'...

I didn't go to Seminary & actually haven't even been to church in years, but I don't remember being taught that it's okay to commit a mortal sin as long as it's to keep someone you care about alive a little longer.
I also don't think I'd post on an open forum about what I would or wouldn't do to stay alive.
That said, I had to sell a lot of guns this past year after my work injury so I'm not as prepared as I once was, but if anyone wants to fight their way into Jonesboro and survives I will gladly hand over my single bucket of Wise food & half a case of bottled water to whoever shows up at my door....
Or will I? :hungry: my new motto might be 'Eat the weak'...

You ever dig a hole big enough to bury someone in or maybe dig a foxhole?
You can dig alll day and into the night and maybe some the next day.

It's DEFINITELY easier to eat them! :becky:

Back
Top Bottom