• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

USPSA ~ Newbie ~ Gun Decisions...

PewPewChris

Default rank <2000 posts
SpaceWrangler
2   0
Reaction score
I'm very interested in shooting USPSA matches...currently researching some guns that I can use specifically for USPSA. I've had an eye on the Walther Q5 Match (polymer), but it seems like finding magazines for it isn't the easiest (or the gun for that matter). My other (and probably what I'm leaning towards) is a Glock 17 or 34 and/or Sig P320 Legion X...

I keep going back to the Glock's because I could get one at a decent price and build it up. I want to run an optic, so will need to be MOS. If it was your dollar would you get the Glock 17 and build it up or the Glock 34 with some enhancements and further build on that?

Buy something and stick with it. Most people(myself included) get into a gear race with the latest and greatest when they start USPSA.
If you like glocks. Get a Glock. The gun isn’t going to be what holds you back, ever….. I shoot an X5 legion and love it.

I’m taking over the Cherokee USPSA match next month. We would love to have you out! Feel free to reach out with any questions. Been shooting USPSA and IDPA for about 4 years now.

Just signup for a match and bring what gun you already have. The USPSA community is very supportive, they will let you try out guns and gear, so you can make an informed decision before you do any purchases.

Like jpm2953 jpm2953 said, " the gun isn't going to hold you back". If you start thinking that, start watching this video:

Sig p320 x5 or Glock 34 for a first comp gun would be a good choice. Only downside is you will be shooting minor. Only good thing about minor imho is that you have to learn to get more accurate.

Sig p320 x5 or Glock 34 for a first comp gun would be a good choice. Only downside is you will be shooting minor. Only good thing about minor imho is that you have to learn to get more accurate.
Everyone shooting those guns in carry optics is shooting minor. So it really doesn’t matter…

There is a guy here but I can't seem to find his name good enough to tag him. It's something along the lines of pewpewpatrick. I don't know him personally but I know he shoots a lot of different tournaments. I have chatted with him on here some and he is very helpful and generous. Even offered to let me try some of his gear to see what I would like. Seemed like a stand up guy.

Back
Top Bottom