USPS Problem

PM the UPS Surepost is no doubt some cost savings for UPS. I have experienced mis directed packages for 20 + years. The sub division has multiple "street" "court" "place" with duplicated numbers i.e 123 Peach St 123 Peach Court 123 Peach Circle. I get pizza's ordered for "Court" at all hours and deliveries by UPS, USPS, FedX. Mostly when they are using temp help as they do in the Holiday season. I've had an Amazon order for a HDTV lost, ammo lost, and worst of all my wife (since passed) had an attack I called 911. I could hear the sirens as they were coming and I heard them turn away from us, heading over to the opposite side of the sub division. I screamed at the 911 operator that they were on the wrong street. She turned them and my wife was rushed to the hospital. I've tried to at least change my house number but have had no luck accomplishing anything. :mad:

Sounds like a great opportunity to have more delivery problems.

If I order something from California and have it shipped first class, it'll be in my mailbox two days later.
I order something priority from Florida and it takes a week......
HTF does that work?!?!?

If I order something from California and have it shipped first class, it'll be in my mailbox two days later.
I order something priority from Florida and it takes a week......
HTF does that work?!?!?

I have had this happen as well. I have received mail from CA in 3 days but a package from Miami 6 hours south took 2wks! By now I could have delivered the letter on my bicycle and rode back to GA. I don't know how that works but they keep raising prices and wanting to cut out Saturday delivery.

I'm retired so I'm home most every day. Like today when they supposedly delivered my package. I'll be at the curb tomorrow and ask her myself, instead of some supervisor over the phone. I cant believe someone could have stolen a package off my porch. The front door is open just a locked full storm door that I can see and the dog can too. She would have put up her usual alarms had someone walked on "her" porch.[/QUOT

Is there a close match to your address and that person has your package?
My address is 404 N Grove and there is a 404 S Grove. I live in a house and the other place is a duplex and never mind that you have to turn left instead of right to get there. USPS are not always the brightest bulb. I mailed a guy a letter to NY on 22 Nov and it still has not arrived!

Post office tracking is as useful as a UFO sighting story . It is a complete fabrication by the post office and has nothing to do with reality . My favorite is I got am email from a guy thanking me for an item . It did not show delivered until 3 days later . I have had stuff showed delivered and arrive 2-3 days later . I have had stuff sit in my local post office for 2-3 days no reason given

I'm retired so I'm home most every day. Like today when they supposedly delivered my package. I'll be at the curb tomorrow and ask her myself, instead of some supervisor over the phone. I cant believe someone could have stolen a package off my porch. The front door is open just a locked full storm door that I can see and the dog can too. She would have put up her usual alarms had someone walked on "her" porch.[/QUOT

Is there a close match to your address and that person has your package?
My address is 404 N Grove and there is a 404 S Grove. I live in a house and the other place is a duplex and never mind that you have to turn left instead of right to get there. USPS are not always the brightest bulb. I mailed a guy a letter to NY on 22 Nov and it still has not arrived!

I checked with the "Court" address they dont have it. The home is a rental and I never know who is occupying it . One of the last episodes the UPS remembered he gave it to a kid (Court address) they denied ever having it. Cost UPS $500+.

I have to give a shout out to Cabelas. I called their customer service , explained what happened. They requested I wait 24 hours which I did. I called back after the USPS carrier didnt delivery anything. The CSR said no problem we will refill the order. This was over $300 of Christmas gifts in the order. They were short one item but have it on backorder. I can probably pick one up at a local store no biggie.... I mentioned that the Grinch that either stole or lost my package also delayed my Holiday visit. The CSR listened to me moan and said she would get it out 2nd day air. I'm watching the UPS tracking, it is on the truck for delivery today. Thankfully the USPS is NOT involved! Cabela's has a loyal customer. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom