USPS Problem

Shovelhead

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
82   0
Reaction score
I placed an order with Cabelas last week. In their infinite wisdom they shipped via UPS Surepost. I had been watching it's tracks until yesterday
and it said transferred to local post office for delivery. I'm like WTF guys it was in Roswell you have to pass my location to get to the post office.
Well today about 2PM I look at the tracking and it showed delivered. I'm like great... go to the front door and nothing! The box is way to big
to stuff in the mailbox. I look all around the driveway and it's not on my porch.

So I go to the local post office and ask where my package is. The lady supposedly got my carrier on the hook and she said she left it at my car port. I have no car port. Then she said she meant my porch. I ask exactly where it would be on my 8 X 10 front porch because it was no where to be seen.... The post office drops it right there and refuses to do anything further. I dont think this is my regular carrier. I think its some Holiday help.

I got on the phone with Cabelas and laid out the story. The CSR said give it 24 hours and if it doesnt show they would resend my order.
I know Cabelas will do right but it just pisses me off with the postal system. Wait till USPS carrier gets her Christmas package from me:mad::evil:

Surepost = Sure to lose it post.

/RANT

Had a guy send me a crossbow string from Ohio to here with a tracking number on Nov 7th. Still has not showed up. The tracking number shows it never left the post office where he dropped it off and they know nothing about of course. Bunch of idiots.

Did you mean it "UPS" (United Parcel Service) or "USPS" (United States Postal Service)?

Most packages that get sent to me priority via the latter take between 5-7 days instead of the "guaranteed" 2 days.

Did you mean it "UPS" (United Parcel Service) or "USPS" (United States Postal Service)?

Most packages that get sent to me priority via the latter take between 5-7 days instead of the "guaranteed" 2 days.

UPS Sure Post is a joint UPS/USPS venture where it travels interstate via UPS but is then delivered to your local Post Office for delivery to your door, or in the case of the OP and countless others, to be lost or mis-delivered with neither agencies taking responsibility for the screw-up.

My literally had the same problem yesterday/today! She called and was hung up on so she went to the local office and spoke to the "supervisor" and he immediately called someone and it was delivered within hours of that conversation. I guess it's pick and choose with who you get.

UPS Sure Post is a joint UPS/USPS venture where it travels interstate via UPS but is then delivered to your local Post Office for delivery to your door, or in the case of the OP and countless others, to be lost or mis-delivered with neither agencies taking responsibility for the screw-up.

News to me. Thanks for the enlightenment/ clarification.

I'm retired so I'm home most every day. Like today when they supposedly delivered my package. I'll be at the curb tomorrow and ask her myself, instead of some supervisor over the phone. I cant believe someone could have stolen a package off my porch. The front door is open just a locked full storm door that I can see and the dog can too. She would have put up her usual alarms had someone walked on "her" porch.

PM the UPS Surepost is no doubt some cost savings for UPS. I have experienced mis directed packages for 20 + years. The sub division has multiple "street" "court" "place" with duplicated numbers i.e 123 Peach St 123 Peach Court 123 Peach Circle. I get pizza's ordered for "Court" at all hours and deliveries by UPS, USPS, FedX. Mostly when they are using temp help as they do in the Holiday season. I've had an Amazon order for a HDTV lost, ammo lost, and worst of all my wife (since passed) had an attack I called 911. I could hear the sirens as they were coming and I heard them turn away from us, heading over to the opposite side of the sub division. I screamed at the 911 operator that they were on the wrong street. She turned them and my wife was rushed to the hospital. I've tried to at least change my house number but have had no luck accomplishing anything. :mad:

USPS is worthless. they need to get them off of the .gov, remove the union and get them some competition.

I had a pickup scheduled since they wont come to my house anymore.
I wait and I wait and I wait... I have to go get my Kid so I leave be box RIGHT NEXT to the door, USPS SHIPPING LABEL UP.
he writes a note and shoves it in my Door, "rang doorbell, no answer."

I almost threw it at the postmaster.

Back
Top Bottom