• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Used Brass - What is this worth?

mugsy

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
16   0
Reaction score
Hello,

Was saving this but don't see any need for the immediate future so...

Is there any dollar value to used (once fired, commercial) brass?
I have about 400 .38 spl and 200 9mm Luger

Suggestions?

hey man... not sure how many folks reload 9mm cause its pretty cheap but look up user Dunkel for the .38 spc brass. He is getting into reloading and always looking for deals on materials.

Its worth its weight at a scrap yard. The one I go to says they pay over 2 bucks a pound for good brass. I dont know if casings are good brass or not though.

And I dont think many people reload 9mm, just cause its already so cheap to shoot

Pistol brass is usually .02-.05ea, some people (reloaders) want it cleaned others don't care. I reload most common calibers, and sell & swap brass usually for what I'm need of. 9mm and 38spl while fairly cheap to shoot can be and is reloaded by alot of people.

Last edited:
Put it up for sale in the Classifieds/Ammunition & Accessories section. I'd recommend $25 as an asking price, or a trade for a couple of boxes of loaded 38 special or 9mm. Someone will want it.

For anybody who wants to get into reloading: 38 special is about the easiest caliber to reload for, and the brass will last for many dozens of reloads. 400 pieces is lot of 38 special brass for reloading purposes.

I bought 1k 9mm brass cases a few weeks ago for $30. good price. usually 38 special is in the same range because those are probably the two most popular calibers it seems.

as for reloading 9mm, if you are just reloading to plink (i.e. FMJ bullets), it's about as cheap to buy as reload but if you want specific loads (more power, more accurate or different bullets) it's much less $$$. I am going to start reloading 147gr HP bullets and I haven't found a decent source for 147gr that's anywhere close to what I can reload them...

New website in ATL www.brassexchange.com has just started up. I am not recommending it for a supply but it will show you the local market value of your brass.

On a side note I did recently buy 4K of .38sp brass for $40/K and it was all good quality. Good folks to do business with.

As always, YMMV.

New website in ATL www.brassexchange.com has just started up. I am not recommending it for a supply but it will show you the local market value of your brass.

On a side note I did recently buy 4K of .38sp brass for $40/K and it was all good quality. Good folks to do business with.

As always, YMMV.

??When I went to this link, it was a domain name for sale??

Back
Top Bottom