• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

URBAN NIGHT NAVIGATION DOWNTOWN ATL ON FOOT.

Okay I Ruck with a few people up here in Ellijay couple times a week. We carry anywhere between 20-90lbs and make 3.2 to 5 miles in anywhere between 50-90 minutes. Two weeks ago we set out to do Springer to Dicks Gap in Hiawassee in 3 days and were successful. Carrying 20-25lbs we made 27.6 miles day one walking 11.5 hours to a shelter at the foot of Blood Mtn. So I'm questioning your math? An 18 hour walk on flat terrain with open easy to navigate paths should net you 3 mph or 54 miles. That assumes you don't stop for anything or get lost. I will say that night nav., walking railroad tracks or urban paths with obstacles or debris will slow you dramatically. If your looking to avoid people that will slow you even more. My point is me 52 YO and a 33 YO soldier in tip top shape were pushed very hard by an average of 22 miles per day with 7-10 hours sleep per night. That being on a trail that it's impossible to get lost on. (unless your an idiot then anythings possible). Anyway I'll PM you as what you're doing sounds more challenging than being in the woods. FYI we planned our trip to coincide with full moon / clear sky so that we could operate at all hours with using a high degree of light discipline.

Okay I Ruck with a few people up here in Ellijay couple times a week. We carry anywhere between 20-90lbs and make 3.2 to 5 miles in anywhere between 50-90 minutes. Two weeks ago we set out to do Springer to Dicks Gap in Hiawassee in 3 days and were successful. Carrying 20-25lbs we made 27.6 miles day one walking 11.5 hours to a shelter at the foot of Blood Mtn. So I'm questioning your math? An 18 hour walk on flat terrain with open easy to navigate paths should net you 3 mph or 54 miles. That assumes you don't stop for anything or get lost. I will say that night nav., walking railroad tracks or urban paths with obstacles or debris will slow you dramatically. If your looking to avoid people that will slow you even more. My point is me 52 YO and a 33 YO soldier in tip top shape were pushed very hard by an average of 22 miles per day with 7-10 hours sleep per night. That being on a trail that it's impossible to get lost on. (unless your an idiot then anythings possible). Anyway I'll PM you as what you're doing sounds more challenging than being in the woods. FYI we planned our trip to coincide with full moon / clear sky so that we could operate at all hours with using a high degree of light discipline.

YES SIR PM AWAY, BE HAPPY TO HAVE SOME MORE DOING THIS SCENARIO WITH US...

https://www.facebook.com/events/183122552179705/

If you want to see how well you and your gear hold up. Try this event. Great urban venue and people will shoot at you.

I do these events regularly. I play during the day, and on OPFOR for TCA. I used to do a lot of rifle classes, and found this has done way more for me physically and mentally than any rifle class I have ever participated in.
You don't get the same useful real world training clearing rooms, working corners and shooting around others with live rounds as you do with Airsoft or siminution IMHO.

SO MY BEST FRIEND AND I ARE DISCUSSING A SCENARIO FROM BUGGING OUT FROM DOWNTOWN ATL. SO FAR WE KNOW WE WILL BE ON FOOT, NO CELL PHONES, GPS, OR ABLE TO PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM ANYONE. WE WILL HAVE LOCAL MAPS THAT WE WILL FIGURE OUT CERTAIN ROUTES, HAND HELD HAM RADIO TO KEEP IN TOUCH WITH OTHERS AS WE REACH CERTAIN CHECK POINTS(FOR SAFETY AND TO TIME THE TRIP BETWEEN CHECK POINTS). WE WILL HAVE ALL GEAR, FOOD, WATER AND SECURITY IN OUR PACKS. WE WILL PLAY THIS AS THE THE STREETS ARE CLOGGED WITH VEHICLES AND WERE AT A BUSINESS MEETING OF SORTS DOWNTOWN. THIS SCENARIO WILL BE CONDUCTED OVER NIGHT AND OUR WIVES WILL LEAVE A VEHICLE AT A LOCATION THAT WILL BE DETERMINED THAT NIGHT. WE WILL FILM THE ADVENTURE AND PLAN ON HAVING OTHER HAM RADIO OPERATORS HELPING.

HAS ANYONE DONE THIS BEFORE OR DOES ANYONE WANT TO JOIN US IN A FRIENDLY TEAM CHALLENGE?

Travel due north of your shift key and jump on the caps lock button one more time. Lol

This is too easy. why even bother?

for your exercise: put on a reflective construction vest. stop every block or two and check off something on your clip board.
in real life: do the same or if youre the type: carjack someone. problem solved.

come on. give me a harder one.

Back
Top Bottom