• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Upgrade Gen 3 Glock?

JoeJoeMojo

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
6   0
Reaction score
ODT gucci glock lords and average joes,

I need your advice. I have a g17 gen 3 FDE that I bought 5-6 years ago. I was looking to get some slide work done on it (optics cut, slide cuts). I then began thinking. Should I spend all that money putting upgrades on a gen 3? Or should I get a gen 5 and upgrade it. I know Gen 5s have better barrels, triggers, grip, etc. Should I invest a lot of money into a gen 3. What are yall's thoughts? Thanks in advance

If a Gen 5 is worth more than a Gen 3, then upgrade the Gen 5. You will have a very desirable and resellable firearm...(if you ever wanted to resell). Although there are exceptions, older Glocks dont often carry the appeal that the newer ones do.

Gen 3's got flooded in a little while back so there about the same value as any other gen. Depends on what you like to do. If you want mainly stock buy the gen you want most to your configuration. If you want to go mainly after market go gen 3, and drop that money like it it's hot cause it'll probably burn a hole through your wallet.

Are the MR920s just as reliable as factory glocks? I've never shot one
From everything I've seen and in my own experience, yes. They are just more refined out of the gate and have all of the upgrades you would put on a standard glock. And their optics mounting system is superior to anything else you can have milled

Back
Top Bottom