• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Update - Please help identify this revolver

A34

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
16   0
Reaction score
12/31/22 - Update on my little H&R. I shot a box of 50 through it the other day. It shoots high, or at least I shoot high with it. It’s very pleasant to shoot with no recoil. A little loud, you definitely need ear plugs, but not too bad without them. It was hard to see the front sight and I had to keep pointing it to the side at my white target to reacquire the front sight and then back on target. That’s due to my old eyes, not the pistol, a little bit of white paint on the front sight would help me. After a couple of cylinders, I was able to get rounds on target at 7 and 15 yards shooting offhand, left, right and both hands. At 25 yards, I missed completely. The grips are a little small for my liking. I think if I lived in the 1920’s or 30’s and wanted an EDC, I’d carry something else. 1911 Maybe?

I noticed after the first couple of cylinders that it didn’t want to work in SA mode. I had to shoot in DA mode. And at some point, one of the frame pins almost worked itself out. I noticed it towards the end of shooting and was able to push it back in. All in all, still happy I bought it. It’s a nice addition to the collection.

Gents,

I was at the LGS today and this gentleman walked in with a pistol to sell. The LGS passed on it at $60 stating that was the going price for one in this condition and advising the seller to put it online. I told him I'd give $60 for it, and I brought it home, complete with holster. I can't find any info on it online. I'm hoping someone here can help ID the pistol. The butt says H&R, Worcester, MA. and the top of the frame says .32 S&W. Any ideas on what she is? Did I get rooked?

This has a 53,xxx serial number. Anyone have any manufacturing timeline data? I couldn't find anything online.

Looking closer at it, it appears the front sight and cylinder pin have been changed. And what's up with the loading gate? Never seen something like that.

As you can see from the pics, it has some light rust on it. Any suggestions on how to remove it?

Thanks!
IMG_9790.JPG
IMG_9791.JPG
H&R (1).jpeg
H&R (2).jpeg
H&R.jpeg

Put break free on it and let soak couple days then put more break free on it and scrub with 00 steel wool should get most of rust off. It’s H&R the 32 s&w is caliber.

Reactions: A34
It's a Harrington & Richardson Model 773 revolver in .32 Smith and Wesson. Likely a six shot. .32S&W is fairly anemic by today's standards. I wouldn't say you got rooked, but you didn't win the lottery either.

Like MuleShoe said, put it in a ziplock bag with lots of oil and let it set for a few
days. May help also to remove the grips. Ammo in 32 long is not too hard to
find. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom