• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Upcoming EDC/Survival kits made by me

Would yall buy this custom made small EDC kit(info on the 1st page of forum post), for $400?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
My SERIOUS answer to the OP and on the topic of a pocket-sized, easy-to-carry survival kit:

1-- I don't like to carry a lot of stuff in my pockets or on my belt. So this kit wouldn't be in my pocket, ever. Such a kit might find a home in my day-hike backpack, which I keep in the car perpetually just in case I happen to have some spare time to kill when I'm in the vicinity of a nature trail. I'll keep extra gear that I don't really think I'll need in that book-backpack, but not in my pockets. No matter that it's light and would fit in my pants pocket.

(Unlike most posters here on ODT, I don't carry a spare mag or spare ammo on my body on a daily basis, but I would for a walk deep into the jungles south of me or up in the mountains north of me. I don't carry a tactical flashlight on my person, but if I'm carrying a bag or fanny pack, then I'll have one. I usually carry a TINY knife in my pocket-- not for fighting, but just to cut open boxes or plastic packages, cut rope and plastic banding straps, etc.)

2-- The price of a survival kit would have to be pretty low to interest me, unless there's some really special stuff in there that I haven't thought about. Expensive stuff that would be hard for me to find / buy on my own. Right now, my overnight backpacking / camping backpack has a side pocket full of survival gear, and everything together probably cost less than $50. (Really, probably less than $30 back in the day, but at today's prices, let's say fitty bux).

3-- Painting the can / tin / container means nothing to me. However, if there were an unbreakable mirror in there, maybe glued to the lid of the container, that might be useful. Or, in it's not glued-in, then a survival mirror with a sighting hole in it to better aim it while trying to reflect sunlight in a particular direction.

My SERIOUS answer to the OP and on the topic of a pocket-sized, easy-to-carry survival kit:

1-- I don't like to carry a lot of stuff in my pockets or on my belt. So this kit wouldn't be in my pocket, ever. Such a kit might find a home in my day-hike backpack, which I keep in the car perpetually just in case I happen to have some spare time to kill when I'm in the vicinity of a nature trail. I'll keep extra gear that I don't really think I'll need in that book-backpack, but not in my pockets. No matter that it's light and would fit in my pants pocket.

(Unlike most posters here on ODT, I don't carry a spare mag or spare ammo on my body on a daily basis, but I would for a walk deep into the jungles south of me or up in the mountains north of me. I don't carry a tactical flashlight on my person, but if I'm carrying a bag or fanny pack, then I'll have one. I usually carry a TINY knife in my pocket-- not for fighting, but just to cut open boxes or plastic packages, cut rope and plastic banding straps, etc.)

2-- The price of a survival kit would have to be pretty low to interest me, unless there's some really special stuff in there that I haven't thought about. Expensive stuff that would be hard for me to find / buy on my own. Right now, my overnight backpacking / camping backpack has a side pocket full of survival gear, and everything together probably cost less than $50. (Really, probably less than $30 back in the day, but at today's prices, let's say fitty bux).

3-- Painting the can / tin / container means nothing to me. However, if there were an unbreakable mirror in there, maybe glued to the lid of the container, that might be useful. A survival mirror with a sighting hole in it to better aim it why trying to reflect sunlight in a particular direction.
Thats all fair points. The EDC/Survival kits ill be making are slowly taking their final form. So yes, there will be a smaller metal container that will have some basic aid items, and a few EDC/ SURVIVAL electronics in it. But that smaller container will come in a larger, but still not too big, easy to carry, element resistant container. On that bigger one will be your EDC and basic survival essentials. Nothing gimmicky, just good and reliable tools. As for the paint job on both containers, it'll be a strong, resistant paint, to last long. Also good idea on the mirror, ill definitely look into including one. Thanks.

Gerber knife and made in America? Assembly at most.

$400? An Altoid box kit is full of just good enough solutions not perfect ones. How I look at it is this. You've spoken so highly of the quality of items and are trying to have secrecy. This screams social media crap hype to me. Closely gaurding and keeping contents secretive makes me say nope. I've been ****ed by grab bag type products for a lot less and don't desire to add $400 to that.

If you want to command that kind.of price crqck your legs open and show us the goods honey. I can't speak for everyone here but being cryptic gets you less than no points. If it's a survival kit I don't want to open it and reassemble just to know what I have in it. I'd like to know exactly, carefully check contents, make sure ferrous metals won't corrode and then pack it up and be able to not question it's usefulness. That's it.

I can find survival tins for as low as $9 and they have contents good enough for a **** hitter. I have one. I bought 2 and literally destroyed one to know the limits.

To sell a $400 survival tins you need to have a value proposition. You've listed brands that are Wal-Mart tier.

Well things are changing with my product, same idea just better. I've taken feedback and used it. It won't be just the original plan, but more. Higher quality tools, more useful EDC and survival stuff in it, bigger and tougher container, more customized and more. All the brands are well know/ high quality. I can't name them all just yet, but typical high quality items, more uses for the kit and more. My idea to bring the people a unique, functional edc and survival kit is still happening, just now after some thought and feedback, they are more wide range of useful, no BS items. So things have changed some, but ill still be bringing the edc/ survival community a high quality, worth while product.

When I think EDC I think maybe a pocket knife, maybe a small flash light, multi tool. When I think survival/outdoors I think of like bushcraft type stuff and uh yea the stuff you need for that won’t fit in a altoid can.

Just curious, how did you settle on $400 as your price point ? As you can see your competitors are priced less than half of your price. I don't see $400 fitting into a tiny mint can unless it's powered by lithium batteries and controlled by micro-chips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom