• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Unleashing the power of the 10mm

Zombie

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
136   0
Reaction score
Hello all, I just picked up my .40/10mm dies, and 250 Nolser 150 gr JHP boolits, and now I need some advice on what loads to cook up. This is my first time loading 10mm, and I am looking for advice on primers and mainly powder. I already have some Titegroup for my 9mm, and some H110 for 300 blackout so it would be great if I could use those powders, if not I'm definitely open to buying whatever would be best in my Glock 20. Thanks for any pointers!

IMR 800X is a good powder for the 10mm in the glock 20. It would also work well given the longer barrel in the 20. I use titegroup in most of my pistol cartridges just so I can keep down the amount of powder I have around. Titegroup would also work in your 10mm. If you want to just use the same powder titegroup would be the way I would go, just start low and work your way up and look for signs of pressure damage to the case. As far as primers go, just use whatever you like, I prefer the Federal and CCI primers, but everyone feels differently about this.

I load for my glock 10mm and love the accurate #7 but titegroup will work good. You need a powder that can handle pressure. If you want 10mm performance. Most all will work depending on how you load. My favorite load is 220 gr over #7. Primers I use the wolf but they sometimes need a second strike to ignite so target only maybe cause of ghost trigger so be aware.winchester primers worked good last time in my glock. Next powder I'm trying to get some extra velocity and power so blue dot coming soon. I posted a 220 gr data here before follow basic precautions. Any othe loads send a pm for personal opinions but web sights to check out are, mdsmiths reloading page, handloads dot com, and the powder manufacture PDF load data they are all out there but some are no longer on the co websites so search elsewhere. Of you get a good load please share I try all just love the 10mm

I get good results with Longshot with a 180gr xtp and WLP primers. The hunting load I worked up for MY pistols is slightly higher than the max load in the Hornady manual so I won't publish the powder charge. Regardless, you will need to work up the best loads for your pistol anyway. For target shooting I use a 175gr cast lead bullet with Unique or Universal and WLP or Wolf primers. The 10mm is a high pressure round so work up your loads carefully and watch out for the Glock smile on your brass. Lots of good discussion about the 10mm on theGlocktalk forum.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/search.php?searchid=11400389

The 10mm is a strong enough case and the G20 has a short enough barrel that almost any powder will work for the less than 180 grain bullets. For the heavier bullets I would try Long Shot, Power Pistol, HS-7, Accurate #9, IMR 800X, IMR4227, or even Winchester AutoComp. If you decide to go down the road of moderation Unique or Clays Universal will work well for for wide range of power.

Back
Top Bottom