Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
67   0
Reaction score
20160331_221729.jpg
20160331_221657.jpg
20160331_221511.jpg
20160331_221708.jpg
Picked up the brand new Lucid P7 4x scope today. Initial thoughts are good. Seems well build like all lucid designs. Has a cool auto brightness function that works really well. Controls are nicely placed on. The suport hand side. So if I'm holding in tight at the mag well my support thumb can manipulate the buttons easily. Glass is crystal clear. Has about 3.25 inch eye reliefe, which is
pretty good, (better than ACOGs 2in relief)
but a little less than a Vortex PST that I checked out today as well. Reticle is sharp as a knife. It h
as MOA ticks for ranging targets of a known size. Oh and it has an estimated 2500 hour battery life with a 2 hour auto off. It has a brightness memore feature after it powers off. Runs on AA batteries (which works well because I already have an Aimpoint comp4s) Gotta sight it in and see how I like it but 1st impressions are pretty good.

****the pics of the reticle are upside down. Sorry*****

Range report: sighted this bad boy in today. Took a while but finally got it dialed in. I will start off with the cons. First the turrets only have .5 MOA adjustments, which are pretty crude for a magnified optic. (after doing some research this is pretty standard for this class of optics) Second. This thing doesn't get very bright. The illumination was unnoticeable against a white surface that was catching direct afternoon sun. Not a deal breaker, since the reticle is black when the illumination dims, but I was a little disappointed by the limited brightness range.

Pros: shoots great. Put single ragged holes at 25 yrds. 2-3 inch groups at 100 yrds were simple and some holes touched. Ringing 8x10inch steel out at 300 was almost easy laying prone with no rest

Final verdict: This is a mid range optic at best (which is the intended role) I would much prefer a BDC over the MOA measuring tape, but it keeps the scope open to multiple calibers, which is a perk. The 8 MOA subtensions are kinda pointless with this scope anyway given that 3-400 yards is about the max range. The half MOA adjustments really only limit you to minute of man accuracy at longer ranges and the illumination, while it looks great indoors, is too dim to be usable in bright daylight.

I would give it 3.5 out of 5. It isn't a bad scope, and I don't dislike it. It just leaves alot to be desired.

Buy a Vortex with a BDC in the same price range, or save your money and buy an ACOG. Your get a much better BDC reticle and the illumination actually works.

Back
Top Bottom