• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Unbelievable

Prayers for your wife and best wishes that all goes well with her treatments going forward. It sounds like you have many more years together as you should have.
There is hardly anyone that this awful disease hasn't affected. My wife, the only thing I have in this world was given less than 6 months to live 4 years ago this month. By her strong will and the grace of God we have had more time together than we ever thought possible. Every day is a blessing.
Take care of her, cherish her and thank God for each day you have together.
God Bless you both.
HERMET HERMET You’re a GREAT Man, my friend… A loyal great Man, and God is with you. You’ve told me the story before and how you are the only care giver… It is just an outstanding great job, by a husband grateful for all that his beloved wife has done and for her love while she was able. 🙌 :amen:🙌

My wife was enormously touched by the reactions and posts in this thread.

Kim and I want to thank all of you.

I think the hardest thing we went through was the enormous pain Kim was going through. She of course had the most pain, but it was hard to watch her battle the pain all day everyday. Watching he lose weight, as much a pound a day toward the end, was also heartbreaking. I’ve told her to eat as much as she wants now. LOL

Now she has pain from the surgery, but the original pain is completely gone.

Unbelievable.

I know the feeling, as someone who was diagnosed with cancer at 30 years old and also had surgery. Prayers for you and your wonderful wife! God is amazing, and it is miraculous how He works through modern technology and medicine. Keep us posted!!

Ken, my prayers are with your wife, you and all of your family.

I agree modern medicine is truly amazing.

I look forward to more good news.

Ok.
We have been though a few things the last three months.

My wife of 33 years, my best friend, my fantasy Dream Goddess, was diagnosed with cancer.

She had asked me not to post anything about her condition. But now we have some very good news to share.

Wednesday evening, Kim Ford, Kim Ford, Kim Ford had a baseball size mass and the right side of her colon removed.
The surgeon has “High Confidence” that he was able to remove all of the mass, but suggested that Chemotherapy MIGHT be beneficial to her.
He removed several lymph nodes that were expectantly slightly enlarged.
Now we wait for the results of the tests on those nodes. If she needs chemotherapy for this particular cancer, we are told it is much milder than many other treatments.

At one point later in this process we were told basically that we just needed to get Kim’s affairs in order, and to prepare for the worst outcome as it was suspected that the cancer had spread to many of her organs.

I have broke down a few times… Thank you for that one friend that listened… you know who.
There is no way in hell, that I would be able to deal with her loss.
Thank God that this doctor who admittedly was not a Cancer Dr., was wrong.

However many, many prayers were lifted up, and today we were walking my Great Granddaughter in her stroller around the block.
Three days after the major robotic surgery!

Modern medicine is amazing, a mass that size and a good portion of her colon removed, yet she is expected to be fully recovered in three or so weeks from the surgery with no serious repercussions. That is simply amazing!

This was once a quick death sentence.
Now it’s routine.
Freakin Amazing.

Now we wait with bated breath…God Please…

Thoughts and best wishes sent to you and your wife. I'm so glad you received positive news on this.

Back
Top Bottom