• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tuning a 350 with Edelbrock Carb

Sounds like it’s starving for fuel. Shut it off and get a visual of the fuel flow through the carb in both the front and rear bowls. Do this manually with the engine off. You should be able to see the fuel spray in both front and rear. If there is a fuel blockage you will get too much air and cause the stall.

Will look again and confirm.

Needs faster distributor advance, try to get total in at under 2,000. Why are you not using the vacuum advance? Can we assume stock cam ? turn the idle up a hair. Are the plugs right ? right firing order ? Do you have enough voltage ? 13.5-14 running ?
This sounds like timing issue to me. Try putting the vacuum advance back to stock. Are you using the stock distributor?

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

This sounds like timing issue to me. Try putting the vacuum advance back to stock. Are you using the stock distributor?

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

Vacuum advance is being used, was disconnected and capped when setting the timing which is what every site I looked at said. After setting the timing I connected it back.

Accelerator pump or floats need adjustment .

Just my 2 cents ;)

Also ...

I put a new fuel filter on before and crap from the tank clogged it up fast .
I felt stupid when I figured it out :doh:

Firing order is 1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2

Here is how the distributor is wired up, which is in the correct 1-8-4-3-5-5-7-2 order, but does the location look correct? Timing with the light is dead on so, I’m guessing it’s correct.

What I’m seeing online looks like I’m 2 spots clockwise from where it’s supposed to be. Would it run if they were all this far off? Especially smooth at idle and timing was easily set?

Note, I put the wires back were they came off of when I did the plugs and wires. As always replace one plug, remove and replace one wire.

ABB73280-3472-4764-938E-8E90E0E24E34.jpeg
73CC492E-40AD-49B9-AA7B-4FCA3F405683.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom